Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated the Feedbooks.com guide on my Kindle, erased the older version, and then tried to open the newer one. It wouldn't load properly after the cover screen.

Then I couldn't open any of my other books.

I had to erase the Feedbooks guide and reset (alt-shift-r). That fixed the issue with the other books.

What could've happened to cause that though?

UPDATE: As I mentioned above, I erased both the updated and old Feedbooks Guides from my Kindle after having problems with the updated version earlier. I just re-downloaded the file by directing my Kindle to http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide. It worked perfectly. It opens without any issues and all of the other books open fine too. When I tried to update it before, it must've been a bad/corrupt download (as Ann suggested). If you experience the same problem, what I did should hopefully work for you.

G

·
I don't know.  It sounds like the new version was conflicting with the old one.  I haven't updated mine yet but I have seen the option.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
CS said:
I updated the Feedbooks.com guide on my Kindle, erased the older version, and then tried to open the newer one. It wouldn't load properly after the cover screen.

I had to erase the Feedbooks guide and reset (alt-shift-r). That fixed the issue with the other books.

Sounds like maybe a bad download? Have you tried downloading the latest Feedbooks.com guide again to see if it works?

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
CS said:

That's exactly what happened to me . . . . addressed in a previous thread titled "weird kindle behavior". I came to the conclusion that the Feedbooks file was corrupted. Happened sometime between Nov 3, which was the date of the old one on my Kindle, and Nov 24 when I tried to get a new one. And apparently it stays corrupt as they update since it's been a week.

I think I had updated it successfully once before, but have to admit I can't really be sure. It might have been the manybooks one I'd updated. So maybe the issue is in the updating?

I was able to go on line to Feedbooks, download the book I wanted to my computer and then send to Kindle. An extra step but still workable.

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I had the feedbooks guide on my Kindle from way back in June. I updated it on November 28 and downloaded The Curious Case of Benjamin Button via my Kindle without any problems at all.

Just my 2 cents.

L

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Hmmmmm.  Guess I'll try again.  If it doesn't want to work at least I know the solution: reset! 

Ann

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I can't even access Feedbooks!! I keep trying everyday and get the same message... The website cannot display the page

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ann, I apologize for repeating myself with this post. I didn't realize you had already posted on this issue. I wish I had. It would've given me more relief. LOL.

Angela, are you having problems with Feedbooks on the Kindle or on your computer? If it's your PC, try clearing the cache or checking your firewall. You might have to instruct your firewall to approve Feedbooks.com. If it's a problem with your Kindle, I'm not sure what the issue could be there. Perhaps the browser has to be set to advanced instead of basic? (Or vice versa?)

Anyway...

UPDATE: As I mentioned above, I erased both the updated and old Feedbooks Guides from my Kindle after having problems with the updated version earlier. I just re-downloaded the file by directing my Kindle to http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide. It worked perfectly. It opens without any issues and all of the other books open fine too. When I tried to update it before, it must've been a bad/corrupt download (as Ann suggested). If you experience the same problem, what I did should hopefully work for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts