Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else have anything weird happen to their sales prior to the holidays? I ask because my sales went from a steady upswing to almost non-existent.

One story really got my attention. (Humping My Daughter's Roommates (Daughter's Roommate Series)) It's part of a series that I was promoting one story at a time via giveaways. I'd already seen a story from a prior promotion peak out around a 4,000 ranking, then gradually give way to consistent sales of around 10 a day.

Gradually.

Not so with the drop in sales that took place six weeks before Christmas. Humping My Daughter's Roommates was consistently performing so well that I suspected it would become my best-selling story. Then it went from 25 sales a day to three or four in a twenty-four period, eventually drifting to zero sales as Christmas grew closer.

Has anyone else seen sales for a good selling story just shut down in the space of 24 hours?

I think it's odd, especially since it looks like sales are starting to pick up again. I guess one explanation might be that people quit buying erotica during the holidays, but the sudden drop in sales makes me question that theory.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Manhattan Minx

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me when I came out of select. My first book in the series disappeared from Amazon & it also disappeared from all the customer who bought this also bought section. A day later it was back up but I had lost all my customer who bought this feature and sales took a while to pick back up because of this. Did you check at the time if your book was still for sale?

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I've had stories abruptly tank.

One theory:
Story had been enjoying a cozy also-bought spot on another popular book's page, then the deck got shuffled somehow, perhaps by the other key book going free?

Another theory:
Amazon hates to see me do too well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts