Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, my dad was searching for a book on Amazon for his Kindle2. He was using a regular computer. He clicked to order it, and Amazon told him that he doesnt have a Kindle registered to his account. (what?)

So, I got his K2 out and searched for the book he wanted with the K2, found the book and ordered it, and it came right to his Kindle.

What happens if we re-register the Kindle to his account on the computer? Will anything change?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you sure he was logged into the correct Amazon account on his computer? I have two email addresses linked with Amazon and I will get the same message if I am logged into the other account not linked with my Kindle 2. Dave

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
kindle2fan said:
Are you sure he was logged into the correct Amazon account on his computer? I have two email addresses linked with Amazon and I will get the same message if I am logged into the other account not linked with my Kindle 2. Dave
The same has happened to me

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to add his K2 to the account when he gets home. (I'm not sure about the password)

I could have sworn that his K2 was on his account. But, then again, I'm not sure he ever had it on there after he got the K2 in february. He's only bought maybe 4 or 5 books since he got it. (I on the other hand have gotten about 60 books on my K1...I think I read faster)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Did you buy the Kindle 2 originally?  Maybe it is still registered to your Amazon account and you have been paying for his kindle book purchases.

Go to amazon.com, on your computer, log in and go to 'Manage Your Kindle.'  Do you see your Kindle and his, at the top, under 'My Kindle(s)?  If you scroll down to 'Your Orders', do you see the book you purchased last night using his K2?

·
Registered
163 Posts
To check that you are ordering with your own account on the kindle books web page:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sa_menu_kbo0_gw?ie=UTF8&node=1286228011&pf_rd_p=328655101&pf_rd_s=left-nav-1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0R252J3Y1A8FYHFNQF0C

Look in the top left corner of the page, just to the right of the Amazon logo, to see whom they are greeting if anyone. They always say hello to me when I'm signed in.

Because amazon leaves a cookie on your computer, they know who you are. Perhaps someone else had signed in to the web page before he got there? Another family member? A different account?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
kindle2fan said:
I too had an account I was not aware of. Called CS, they cleared it up immediately. I would advise calling CS and making sure that's the case before you try to re-register.
deb

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Esther said:
To check that you are ordering with your own account on the kindle books web page:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=sa_menu_kbo0_gw?ie=UTF8&node=1286228011&pf_rd_p=328655101&pf_rd_s=left-nav-1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0R252J3Y1A8FYHFNQF0C

Look in the top left corner of the page, just to the right of the Amazon logo, to see whom they are greeting if anyone. They always say hello to me when I'm signed in.

Because amazon leaves a cookie on your computer, they know who you are. Perhaps someone else had signed in to the web page before he got there? Another family member? A different account?
It's my dad's account. He was on my mom's computer, but she doesnt have an Amazon account. I havent helped register the Kindle yet, been a bit busy, going to get my dad's info and call customer service either tonight or tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts