Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My numbers have been declining steadily the last few days. Like, worst days in over a year. My ads are still ticking along, my rankings are good (rising in the UK store, even), nothing out of the ordinary except that my earnings are declining. It's...really weird.

I suppose I'm looking for some confirmation that I'm not losing my mind (or my career). Is this simply a slow weekend due to the holiday? I don't remember panicking like this on Labor Day in past.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I posted a thread sometime back about the last week or two of August being very different from the last 6 months. Many others experienced the same slowdown. Mine picked up quickly, and is now down again. Many theories-back to school, politics and so on. Who knows? Gotta keep rolling. You're not alone!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jm2019 said:
I posted a thread sometime back about the last week or two of August being very different from the last 6 months. Many others experienced the same slowdown. Mine picked up quickly, and is now down again. Many theories-back to school, politics and so on. Who knows? Gotta keep rolling. You're not alone!
Thank you! For some reason "You're not alone" is particularly helpful in my anxiety-riddled state tonight. Just feeling panicked.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Same here. Sales were steady, then a couple of weeks ago plummeted. Then they picked up again, then the last couple of days have been terrible.

They picked up again today, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Hoping at some point in smooths out.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's not only Labor Day weekend. It's covid Labor Day weekend. And a lot of regulations are being relaxed a bit in the US, so people are going bananas suddenly traveling and doing things they've wanted to do for months. And school is starting. Maybe that accounts for it? But--lower sales this week? yeah

·
Registered
Just finished Screamcatcher: Sasquatch Most Monstrous, fourth in series. Agent has it.
800 Posts
Had the same thing happen. Spike 2 weeks ago, lull, then another spike.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine have been weird too. Checking back on my records, September is often rather iffy.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Anecdotally, it seems we are in the summer, back to school slump.
People in all of my writing groups and forums are talking about it.
This is a cyclical business. All we can do is carry on, working on new projects.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts