Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far this month, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, and Amazon UK have all outsold Amazon US for me.  I found that kind of interesting, and it's a good reminder not to neglect other channels.

Has anyone else noticed an uptick in those venues?

·
Registered
189 Posts
UK has always been equal to USA for me. Not sure why.
I tried a paid ad for kobo once, and it did nothing to get Kobo moving. I was a little (pleasantly) surprised at Apple sales after the most recent update, so hopefully that trend continues.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I had a little burst on iTunes. After distribution costs, I get 60% of my 99cent titles there!!! Go, iTunes!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Amazon US is still my #1 retailer at my latest count, but iTunes and B&N have definitely been trying to topple it recently. :)

I don't have any problems with that trend continuing. The more baskets I can stick my eggs in the less I have to worry when the sales slow down!

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
My Amazon sales have dropped dramatically. I think I'm making almost as much on B&N now. I don't make much on Smashwords itself, and my iTunes sales for my erotic romance seem to be dropping as well, although my "regular" romance is still selling well there. I have been thwarted in getting my books onto iTunes, though; I still have at least ten in limbo, which is annoying. Kobo sales via SW are going up, but still aren't anything to write home about yet.

Also, I did great on ARe this quarter, but a lot of that was in the first month, and I don't expect it to continue.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Out of my hundred and change sales the change comes from other sources than Amazon. Two from Kobo, two from ARe and then one or two from Pubit.
Nothing, absolutely nothing from iTunes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts