Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I didn't want to hijack sjc's funny thread so I thought that I'd start one since we were talking about french fries...which are good at just about any time of the day ;)

I like to put deli style potato chips into a liverwurst sandwich along with the red onions and mustard. You have to put them on last and smash the sandwich together...so darn good. I have my mom in-law eating liverwurst this way and she can't eat her sandwiches now without the potato chips in them.

Candied bacon. Need I say more?

So what are your wonky combos or cravings? The crazier, the better ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
Pickles and potato chips n my peanut butter sandwich.  But I think that's pretty common.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drenee said:
Pickles and potato chips n my peanut butter sandwich. But I think that's pretty common.
deb
Never tried that...is there jelly involved also? Reminds me of my g/f's son who likes a dry peanut butter sandwich with Cheetos in in. I told her he has to make me one someday :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,845 Posts
Fluffernutter - Peanut butter and marshmellow creme

And I just heard about adding bananas to it. OMG that was so yummy!

edit: add bananas to thank? huh? I blame low blood sugar!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
No jelly.


Edit: And they can only be Mister Bee potato chips. 
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Grilled PB&J.  Just like a grilled cheese sandwich, but with peanut butter and jelly instead.

yuuummmmm.....now I think I need to go make one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
chynared21 said:

I like to put deli style potato chips into a liverwurst sandwich along with the red onions and mustard. You have to put them on last and smash the sandwich together...so darn good. I have my mom in-law eating liverwurst this way and she can't eat her sandwiches now without the potato chips in them.


I agree with everything but the mustard -- needs mayo instead ;)

hmmmm Peanut butter and mayo with salt and pepper on white

and Honeymoon Sandwiches - --- lettuce with mayo on white with salt and pepper -- and also onion sandwiches yummmmmm

finally grind up a can of Spam also grind half a med onion and a few bread and butter pickles mix with some mayo and just a squirt of yellow mustard - soo good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
The Spam recipe sounds pretty good.  I'm going to have to try that one.
deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
I routinely put chips [doritos, fritos, lays, cheetos] into my sandwiches [all kinds] LOL
Especially potato chips in a sloppy joe / BBQ sandwich. Great flavor and adds crunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
And if you have beans (like Pork N Beans), which happen to go great with the sloppy joe, don't use a fork or spoon.  Scoop them with your potato chip.  Yum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
You guys are killing me!  Dinner won't be ready for another 30 minutes and I am starving  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,490 Posts
I have to admit that the Spam one was put last because it usually is the one that people go euwww too - I am thrilled to find other people who like Spam besides me -- I know they are out there because they make tons of cans of them and someone other than me is buying them LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,888 Posts
rho said:
I have to admit that the Spam one was put last because it usually is the one that people go euwww too - I am thrilled to find other people who like Spam besides me -- I know they are out there because they make tons of cans of them and someone other than me is buying them LOL
When I was younger I ate spam all the time. My mom would fry it, and top it with lettuce. Yummy!

She'd also make us butter sandwiches. Yep, its just bread with a thick layer of butter. Hmmm wonder why I was always on the "chubby" side ;)
 
1 - 20 of 309 Posts
Top