Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has tagged An Uncertain Refuge with tags that are entirely off the mark. Hawaii, Kona, and AWOL.
The book is set in Arkansas and on the Oregon Coast and no one is AWOL. Some coffee is consumed in the course of the story, but it's generic.
I think perhaps they confused my book with another.
What should I do? What can I do?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I've had that happen with one of my books, too. I'd be interested if anyone knows how that happens and what can be done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Darn it, I've come on looking for an answer too. One of my tags for one of my books is menage and its logged against a sweet romance between a guy and a girl. There ought to be a way to get rid of inappropriate ones.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Have you participated in a tagging thread where authors provided a list to tags to copy and paste into their books?

I've seen this happen sometimes in that instance, where someone copied and pasted the wrong tags into the wrong book.

If the tags are unique enough, it's possible to determine who put them there.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I had someone put the tags for their book on one of my children's books, so I was seeing Leon Chameleon on diet and fat-busting websites and blogs  ;D

All you can do is ask people to vote them down.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Carolyn J. Rose said:
Someone has tagged An Uncertain Refuge with tags that are entirely off the mark. Hawaii, Kona, and AWOL.
The book is set in Arkansas and on the Oregon Coast and no one is AWOL. Some coffee is consumed in the course of the story, but it's generic.
I think perhaps they confused my book with another.
What should I do? What can I do?
I just disagreed with those three tags and they don't show unless you click on "show all tags." If you do then they show with 0 votes. I don't know if you can actually get rid of them though. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Errant tags can come from a lot of places. Some are malicious, others are mistakes where the tagger may be on the wrong page and think she's tagging another book.

I voted down the tags mentioned here. Hawaii, Kona, and AWOL are now in negative numbers. Is 'Iraq War' a valid tag, Caroline?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts