Kindle Forum banner

What if any devices are you 'matching' the skin(s) to your Kindle?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered for Isabella, my iPod and Laptop. As soon as I get my Blackberry Storm, it will get one too!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since no Option boxes were available, I had to change the question!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
I selected "all" but that's not really accurate since I don't have a skin on my laptop. But I do have matching skins on my Kindle and iPhone.

I love the way my laptop looks...I am not covering that up! It's the same color as my car....champagne silver it's called.



L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
Don't have my skin yet (waited til the contest was over, just in case), but will use the promo code for my superstar skin today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Currently I have the blue lightning one (I don't know the accurate Decal Girl name) on my enV phone, and Skinderella.
I will eventually change skins and have red/black crime scene on my phone and red/white crime scene revisited on Skinderella.

Leslie, I thought you were going to say you wished they made skins for cars, heh. Would be kinda cool, though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
KindleCat said:
Leslie, I thought you were going to say you wished they made skins for cars, heh. Would be kinda cool, though.
They put them on the metro buses around here. Giant advertisements for banks and phones. I think they look dreadful.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
lol, well, sure, ads would look terrible, but you have to appreciate the tacky beauty, and the attitude it would take to drive around in a crime scene car, or a car covered in skulls, or giant bunny rabbits, or the dalmation skin which actually reminds me more of a cow. A volkswagon beetle done like a ladybug?? hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
I bought my cell phone almost specifically for it's looks (I have an LG Chocolate in Black Cherry), my iPod doesn't get used nearly enough to justify the expense, and I'm planning on buying a new laptop in the next year or two, so I don't want to spend much money on the one I have now.

So I don't think I'll be dressing any of them. Although I'm considering the "Whimsical" skin for Saint-Germain, though I suppose given it's namesake, the one that looks like a musical score would be more appropriate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I just ordered Poolside for my Kindle but none for any other devices I have. I'm considering buying one for my boyfriend's iPhone for Christmas though.

Here's Poolside

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
My Kindle has two skins to wear. My Zune has a couple of cases (but spends most its time naked). My laptop used to be covered in random political stickers people were handing around school (until one guy got in my face about my Obama sticker, not realizing I also had a Mccain sticker on my laptop too)and also has its beautiful Golla bag to protect it. . My phone has several cases too. My accessories usually flow the same trend of color. Its usually red or black and sometimes blue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Leslie said:
I selected "all" but that's not really accurate since I don't have a skin on my laptop. But I do have matching skins on my Kindle and iPhone.

I love the way my laptop looks...I am not covering that up! It's the same color as my car....champagne silver it's called.



L
I like the skin you wrapped yourself in

Tessa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vegas_Asian said:
My Kindle has two skins to wear. My Zune has a couple of cases (but spends most its time naked). My laptop used to be covered in random political stickers people were handing around school (until one guy got in my face about my Obama sticker, not realizing I also had a Mccain sticker on my laptop too)and also has its beautiful Golla bag to protect it. . My phone has several cases too. My accessories usually flow the same trend of color. Its usually red or black and sometimes blue.
I want to get more than one outfit for Isabella, but am not having such a great experience w/ DecalGirl. :mad: I am pretty sure that I will be able to find another vendor since skinning is popular, but I would never have thought to put stickers on my Laptop!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
Jesslyn said:
I want to get more than one outfit for Isabella, but am not having such a great experience w/ DecalGirl. :mad: I am pretty sure that I will be able to find another vendor since skinning is popular, but I would never have thought to put stickers on my Laptop!
Alright, I ordered a skin today, what is the problem with Decal Girl? ??? Do I need to cancel my order to avoid a problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
Some people have stretched their skins while applying or had issues applying the skin to the back. I have changed my skins around a couple of times and the only problem I have had is the ripping of the skin between the keys, but I am getting better at that. The rips I made aren't noticable when I reapply it to my kindle

As for the stickers on my laptop, the stickers usually I put on it usually were stuck on something else (a coat or shirt) so the adhesive doesn't really stick to the laptop allowing easy removal. As for the hello kitty sticker I put on my wireless mouse...that is going to take a while to come off. (My dad and my friend have the same type of mouse and laptop and neither would be caught dead with a sparkled hello kitty sticker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Alright, I ordered a skin today, what is the problem with Decal Girl? ??? Do I need to cancel my order to avoid a problem?
I am having a customer service issue. Most of the comments that I have seen here are positive, but I cannot recommend them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
I placed my order late last night for Whimsical. I have a MotoQ 9m and skins are not available although I like the way the phone looks as it is. I am still undecided about adding a skin to my laptop...

I am hoping that this skin will go well with a purple butterfly Oberon cover in the near future!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Though I don't intend to cover anything else, I'm hoping very strongly that Santa might bring this for Saint-Germain.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top