Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my Oberon and M-Edge covers to 2 very nice people from this board (thanks btw!) but now my predicament is that I won't be ordering my new Oberon till this weekend and then it may take weeks to get here (it will be one of the new K2 covers they'll be starting to sell this weekend). 

How do I protect my poor, naked (I removed Marvin's skin tonight too) K2 until my new Oberon gets here?  I don't want to invest much $ in a temporary cover - any ideas!!!  TIA!!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I've heard of people using some sort of oven mitts or pot holders or something from Bed, Bath and Beyond? Maybe someone can give more details. I'll also see if I can find the thread again but it was on the other side and will be difficult.

Edit: I found mention of it somewhere (you can read below) and am guessing this must be it? I can't be sure though, the opening looks like it's in the center which would be difficult. Maybe if you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond near you it'd be worth checking out.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16609056&RN=995&KSKU=119256

"Someone in the Kindle forum on Amazon.com posted that Bed, Bath & Beyond has a cushioned pot holder that fits the Kindle 2 and protects it. It even has rounded corners like the Kindle 2, and there's a non-slip back made of neoprene. The poster said the pot holder cost only $6 and change with tax included."

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Do you mean for transport? You are taking it out of the house? When I lost my cover I used a folded up towel when we went out of town. Otherwise at home, I never used it.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I remember VA picked up something at Target for about $5.  I think that was for the K1 and I'm not sure the K2 would fit.  It was something she picked up in the auto section I believe.  It was a great idea.
deb

·
Registered
921 Posts
One of the ladies at work carries her Kindle2 around in a padded envelope she picked up for 50 cents.  It's just one of those brown postal envelopes lined with a bubble-wrap type material intended to mail things.

Not exactly elegant, but it works and it's cheap!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JetJammer said:
One of the ladies at work carries her Kindle2 around in a padded envelope she picked up for 50 cents. It's just one of those brown postal envelopes lined with a bubble-wrap type material intended to mail things.

Not exactly elegant, but it works and it's cheap!
That's it!!! Great solution! I'll go get one tomorrow!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts