Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sold over 1000 books for the month of June already. My best month to date was last month at 199 total. I released my 2nd book on Memorial day weekend (May 28th 2011) and it really took off. (Well for my standards anyway) For MONTHS I was used to selling 1 book a day. I've been published since September of last year. In April this year things got exciting I started selling 2-3 books a day! Then in May after a feature on Pixel of Ink in late April the Amazon algorithms seemed to change, my book started showing up on a lot of the hot YA book pages as an "also bought" book. I was ecstatic to be selling 5-10 books a day. After the release of the second book I began averaging 20 a day. I had totally forgotten about having paid to be featured on ENT Ereader News Today. At the time (in March) they were booked solid until June. So when that feature came along and things were already taking off I jumped to about 40 - 60 books a day where I've been ever since. But I've been reading so much about how sales have been so weird lately and I'm simply not used to these kinds of sales I'm very skeptical. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and it's all going to stop. I guess after months and months of pushing and waiting for something to happen, for something to change it just feels almost too good to be true!  

Still I felt I should share. For those of you who have read the success stories of books that started at 10 a month then 100 then 200 then 600 and so on, I averaged about 30 give or take a few, every month from Sept 2010 - March 2011 in April I sold aprx 60, May 199 and at the moment I stand at 1058 for the month of June. 99% of those sales have been through Amazon US with a trickle from B&N and Amazon UK and 1 from smashwords. Like everyone else who has struggled with sales. I could never even fathom these kinds of numbers. It still feels surreal to me. For now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this keeps up. I will update next month. :)                            

·
Registered
299 Posts
Congratulations! I love reading posts that give aspiring new authors hope. So far, Fate has only sold 7 copies in it's first week, but I'm still thrilled. Hopefully, the numbers will rise as I get a handle on marketing. Who said self-publishing was easy?! I also appreciate the lead for a potential advertising outlet.

May your numbers continue to rise!
Tallulah

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Guys!

Surprisingly not that big of a difference in their numbers. It's a about 60%FM/40%ABM some days they are neck and neck like right now I've sold 18 ABM and 17 FM for the day. FM got a huge boost from the ENT feature this month. It'll be interesting to see next month if they finish off 50/50.    

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Mel, I believe my rank was around 5k or FM and 7k for ABM. The day of the feature FM went all the way to the 700's. But slowly fell back I kept waiting for it to go back to 5k but as of yet it hasn't. (fingers crossed!) 

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Fantastic news, thanks for sharing. I love reading success stories like this. It sounds like luck has intersected with your perseverance. I hope you're writing as fast and well as you can to take full advantage of the moment.  ;D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MichaelWallace said:
Fantastic news, thanks for sharing. I love reading success stories like this. It sounds like luck has intersected with your perseverance. I hope you're writing as fast and well as you can to take full advantage of the moment. ;D
The next in the series "Sweet Sofie" is already written. I'm just waiting on feedback from the beta readers then I'll jump into the rewrites/edits and hope to have it out in a couple of months. But you're right it did seem like it was this perfect timing thing going on. Whatever it was I'll take it! Just hope it lasts. =D

Mel sure thing I'll send you a tweet! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
So glad to hear a story like this. Thanks for sharing it. I've been in since December, and my trajectory so far is like your first months, creeping up slowly. Now maybe I should place an ad!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts