Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having lunch with a friend when a lady from a table nearby approached and said, "Sorry to interrupt, but aren't you that famous writer?"
Stunned. Is this someone I should recognise, having a joke? Has she mistaken me for someone else?
"Er, it depends on your definition of famous. If you're thinking of JK Rowling, then, No."
Friend: "If she was that famous she'd be paying for the lunch!"
Lady: "I saw your picture in the paper."
It must be at least two years since my pic was in the local rag talking about my venture into e-books. She must have me mixed up with someone else.
Lady: "I tried to phone you. I wanted to ask you about publishing"
Me:"You wouldn't find my number in the directory as it's not under my writing name. "
Perhaps she recognizes me from the Writers' Circle?
Me: Do you belong to the Writers' Circle?"
Lady: "No, but I'd like to join."
Me: "I'll give you my card and you can email me for the details."
Hand over card wondering if she'll suddenly realize that I'm not the famous writer she thought I was.
Lady: "Thank you. I'll get in touch."

It's been four days and she hasn't contacted me yet ::).

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Lawrence Fishburn told in an interview that he was often approached by people who thought he was Samuel Jackson. He'd smile and sign his name on their Samuel Jackson paraphernalia.

I was once approached by someone who asked me if I was famous, because the person I was talking to was deferential to me. He was deferential because he was afraid I'd kick his ass, but the 'fan' didn't know that.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Ha ha! That would freak me out.

I was in a cafe talking to my other half about my plans with the book when the woman at the next table, clearing listening in to our conversation, turned around and blatantly just stared straight at me. I didn't quite know what to do so I just decided to ignore her. She was obviously looking to see if I was someone 'famous'.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Did you ever hear that story about the time Nathan Fillion (Castle) was pulled over and the cop was like, "I am so sorry, Mr. Bateman!  My wife is such a huge fan!  Would you autograph this for her?" And he did.  He signed it Jason Bateman.  :D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
KateDanley said:
Did you ever hear that story about the time Nathan Fillion (Castle) was pulled over and the cop was like, "I am so sorry, Mr. Bateman! My wife is such a huge fan! Would you autograph this for her?" And he did. He signed it Jason Bateman. :D
Hahahaha!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
KateDanley said:
Did you ever hear that story about the time Nathan Fillion (Castle) was pulled over and the cop was like, "I am so sorry, Mr. Bateman! My wife is such a huge fan! Would you autograph this for her?" And he did. He signed it Jason Bateman. :D
One day, someone is going to bring whatever he signed into Pawn Stars and INSIST that it was signed by Jason Bateman, then be all offended when they tell him the signature doesn't match.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
KateDanley said:
Totally off-topic, but I'll always associate Nathan Fillion with Firefly, first and foremost :) Besides, I think his character Mal Reynolds is sexier than Richard Castle ;-)

That said, that's pretty funny, Jan. Especially if she DID recognize you from a two-year-old article. Holy smokes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts