Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I'm a new member, just joined today after reading about the existence of this board on Amazon's Kindle site.  I was in a hurry to get a Kindle after Christmas and didn't want to wait and bought one off of ebay and had it express shipped to me.  Needless to say I am thrilled with my purchase!  Unfortunately, I live in a city where whispernet service is spotty at best and non-existent at worst! So I downloaded books via usb and I am amazed how printed word-like the reading experience is for me!  My wife and I have a house full of books and this is one way to alleviate some of the clutter!  Today we took a drive to a nearby city that has great whispernet coverage  and all my pending stuff downloaded seamlessly.  At least I know that if I take my Kindle with me on my travels, I'll be rarin' to go by the time I get home!
                                                                                                                Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you and I very much appreciate the welcomes!
                                                                              Eric

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome Eric.  My DH and I got our ereaders (he got a sony, silly man, and I got a Kindle) because of lack of space for any additional books too.  We have at least one room completely insulated with books and shelves and piles throughout the house.  Haven't added a DTB to the household since last April.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Congratulations on your Kindle, Eric!

Be sure to check out the Book Corner for lots of free book, bargain book and favorite book recommendations!  Plus we have book klubs!

Thanks for coming over and checking us out!  This is a great place!

Betsy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an attic overfilled with books, magazines and comic books!  In the living areas downstairs there are many bookshelves crammed floor-to-ceiling with my books (regular and comics and pulp magazine related) and my wife's multitude of cookbooks that she collects! Of course, my future purchases of illustrated collectible books will be hard-copy but general fiction and non-fiction books will be via Kindle!
                                                                                                                               Eric

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Eric, welcome!

I am the one who goes to Amazon and regularly spreads some Spam around. Glad you found my trail of crumbs and followed me here. This is a fun and friendly place.

Enjoy....

L

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leslie said:
Hi Eric, welcome!

I am the one who goes to Amazon and regularly spreads some Spam around. Glad you found my trail of crumbs and followed me here. This is a fun and friendly place.

Enjoy....

L
Yes, Leslie. It is quite true. I DID follow your bread crumbs! And I thank you for it!
Eric

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, Eric -

Good to see you found your way here, with a little assist from Leslie the Spam Queen  ;)

Check out the book corner, see what book clubs you might want to join, check out all the book recommendations.  And give your own if you'd like.

Glad to have you here,

Marci

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you,Marci, I shall check out the book club recommendations.
                                                                                              Eric

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome eblackhawk ,
  I was having problems with my Kindle DH bought me from EBay.  I live in ( Long Island) NY, an area where the Whispernet should be great!  Amazon replaced the unit and now it works fantastic.  I wish you happy reading and better connection with your Kindle.  I found this site from Amazons discussion forum also! ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yeppers - Leslie from the dark side got a lot of us here - me included!

Lots of good books, unfortunately you will have to keep your collectibles, but at least your reading will be easier to store. I don't have whispernet and do just fine. ;D

Welcome and Happy Reading

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.