Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 599 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the stats, we are breaking records with most new members, most online, most new topics, and most new posts! This is fun, huh?

If folks could politely and nicely continue to spread the word at Amazon about this forum, that would be great. Let people know about all the neat features: better topic threading, ability to search the forum, ability to post pictures. Post counts on your profile, able to have an avatar...all the usual great stuff.

The Amazon forum is good for what it is, but this environment is so much richer and more varied for discussion. I'd like to see this be the liveliest Kindle forum on the Internet!

Leslie

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well, since I first looked at the member list, 6-8 hours ago, we've gone from 68 to 91. Pretty impressive.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And here I am, up early (5:50 am on the east coast) and people are online and posting! So cool!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still breaking records!

New topics: 33 
New members: 63 
Most online: 83 (that is right now!)
Page views: 6934

LHN

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
angel said:
WOW. Full member with three stars. Congrats ;)
And I think about how many posts I must have at amazon, that were never ever counted...all those stars...lost.... LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just saw LHN's post about this forum over on the Amazon Kindle board, and came over here to join up!

I hope this can remain a nice, friendly, troll-free zone!  ;D

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had to come over from Amazon too - this is where all the fun will be now.  Emerson and I now have a new site to obsessively check all day long - thanks a bunch, Leslie, my productivity will now be zilch at work....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vg said:
I had to come over from Amazon too - this is where all the fun will be now. Emerson and I now have a new site to obsessively check all day long - thanks a bunch, Leslie, my productivity will now be zilch at work....
Yeah, I know about zilch! Terrible, isn't it? And I'm the boss!

L

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I just saw it Amazon as well. I have been reading that and also checked two others, joining one of them but it doesn't seem very
active. I love forums and love books and though I haven't gotten it yet, am fairly certain I will love my Kindle.

So........Howdy! ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome, Octochick! Glad to have you here where it is all Kindle, all the time! LOL

We've added over a 100 new members in about 24 hours! Wow!

L

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Just saw these boards referenced on Amazon too.  Here I am.  Now I have three boards to watch every day.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sandpiper said:
Just saw these boards referenced on Amazon too. Here I am. Now I have three boards to watch every day.
I've been posting the address of this board over on Amazon for the past 24 hours. Part of the problem there is that it is not a "real" forum -- ie, you can't search, threads aren't organized into any sort of order, and you can't post pictures! LOL, pictures: the most important thing of all!

With the big influx of new folks over the past 4 days, it seemed like it was time to try to get ourselves settled into a "proper" forum where we could have good discussions. I am glad to see so many have joined in for this little adventure!

L

·
Registered
146 Posts
L. - Wow, you've been posting a ton. When I joined yesterday, you were only at 38 posts or something. Impressive. About Harvey though... He hasn't logged on since June. So, unless he gets emails telling him that it's become active again, he might never be back.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RovingSoul said:
L. - Wow, you've been posting a ton. When I joined yesterday, you were only at 38 posts or something. Impressive. About Harvey though... He hasn't logged on since June. So, unless he gets emails telling him that it's become active again, he might never be back.
I have emailed him and sent him a PM. His email address ends in @kboards.com Since this forum is up and active, I would imagine that his email is not completely defunct. Let's hope he is getting my messages!

L

PS, posting a ton...it's easy with all the welcoming I've been doing!

1 - 20 of 599 Posts