Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just published a new e-book today. The book is in the Kindle Unlimited program. However, after customers buy the book, they can't read it in the Kindle Cloud Reader, they get the following message, instead:
We're Sorry Kindle Cloud Reader Can't Open This Book

Is this happening to anyone else's e-books? Is Amazon getting rid of their Kindle Cloud Reader, or is it just me?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh, that's interesting. Not every Kindle reader is compatible with every Kindle book, but fixed vs reflowable is usually the big cutoff. Anything else unusual about it? Very large file size, anything like that? Is this a novel?
It's a novel. Do you think that having drop caps as the first letter of each new chapter is causing the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just published a new e-book today. The book is in the Kindle Unlimited program. However, after customers buy the book, they can't read it in the Kindle Cloud Reader, they get the following message, instead:
We're Sorry Kindle Cloud Reader Can't Open This Book

Is this happening to anyone else's e-books? Is Amazon getting rid of their Kindle Cloud Reader, or is it just me?
I just started seeing this Error I think yesterday, I don't think it is something you did, it is definitely something Amazon Broke recently. I have gotten this error on every new Book I have tried to read in the last two days, and it is also effecting books I already own and have previously read. I just hope they actually fix it sometime soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just started seeing this Error I think yesterday, I don't think it is something you did, it is definitely something Amazon Broke recently. I have gotten this error on every new Book I have tried to read in the last two days, and it is also effecting books I already own and have previously read. I just hope they actually fix it sometime soon.
It's good to know that it's possible that it's not something I did wrong. I reformatted my book today & the problem's still there. I, too, hope Amazon fixes it soon. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts