Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although not an unknown item on this board, I just received my large SleeveCase from WaterField Designs. I have many of their products - briefcases, laptop cases, ipod sleeves, gadget and travel bags and every one of their items is first class in design and quality.

For those of you with a K2 *and* a cover (either Amazon or Oberon) , I am happy to report that the K2 with an Oberon cover does indeed fit in the large SleeveCase. ;D It is snug, but it does fit! I was concerned since the only reports were those of users with the K2 and the Amazon cover - it, too, fits very nicely. It is well padded without being bulky. I ordered the strap and it is the perfect combination to carry over the shoulder if so desired. One may use the SleeveCase with or without the strap, as shown on their website: http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindlecase.htm

There are actually three items available for the Kindle: the Travel Case, the small or large SleeveCase, and the Slip Case. I believe the small version of the SleeveCase accommodates the original Kindle but it is best to contact WF to confirm.

When I contacted WaterField, they had no reports of whether or not their large SleeveCase would accommodate the K2 with an Oberon cover so I hope this may help someone contemplating the same purchase as I. Their customer service is superb and one can actually talk to some very nice and knowledgeable people by telephone.

When speaking with Tanja at WF, I *believe* she may have said that the M-Edge covers would fit as well, but one may want to call and confirm.

BTW, I have no affiliation whatsoever with WaterField Designs - I am just a very satisfied and repeat customer.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Thanks, Skydog, for the thorough review. For those interested in learning more about this sleeve, here's a link again with the image:

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Octochick said:
Beautiful? I really think Sporty is a better description and really a nice alternative for those who want a more masculine, style case.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, LOL!

Betsy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to disagree, but Waterfield's bags are not "masculine" at all.  As a matter of fact, they have an equal number of women who purchase their bags, including me.  (They have a nice pink leather w/blk trim briefcase).  They ooze class.

There are some of us that find the Bella-type bags a bit too "froo-froo" flowery and grandmother-like.  I like classy, myself. 

Everyone has different tastes and opinions and aren't we fortunate to have so many options available to us...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Thanks, Skydog, for the thorough review. For those interested in learning more about this sleeve, here's a link again with the image:

Betsy
My pleasure, Betsy! There are so many nice people here that have offered information and help and I wanted to do the same. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lilly said:
Nice but it's over priced. You can get something similar at Target for the mini laptops for $19.99 made by Belkins.
I respectfully disagree with you. I'm a bag/gadget hound and have seen them all. Your statement is akin to claiming one could buy a Kindle cover at Cost Plus that is similar to but cheaper than Oberon.

Not in the same league. And certainly not overpriced. Unfortunately, the photographs do not do it justice.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
And as we said, it's great that there's enough variety out there in style and price that we can all find the right item for us.  Thanks to all!

Betsy

·
Registered
679 Posts
Some pluses for Waterfield: yes, they nay be a little higher priced, but they use quality material (and workmanship), their customer service is great (they all seem do friendly and helpful), and their products are made in the US.  the will also do custom sized sleeves.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Skydog said:
Sorry to disagree, but Waterfield's bags are not "masculine" at all. As a matter of fact, they have an equal number of women who purchase their bags, including me. (They have a nice pink leather w/blk trim briefcase). They ooze class.

There are some of us that find the Bella-type bags a bit too "froo-froo" flowery and grandmother-like. I like classy, myself.

Everyone has different tastes and opinions and aren't we fortunate to have so many options available to us...
I made no comparisons or nasty remarks, I simply said they are sporty & masculine. And IMO they are. I am glad you found a bag you like. However, you did not need to put down the BB bags to make your point. They may offer other color options in other products but they do not for the kindle bags and I find these bags very masculine, that is how I see them. I am sure they are functional and well made but not my cup of tea in the looks department. I think it is great to offer other options, not everyone wants a girly bag. Yes, of course we all have different opinions about what is attractive and classy, which your defensive responses, to non negative posts strikes me as anything but. :-\

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I love the Borsa Bella bags but I too see that it could be too "froo froo" for some people.

I think Skydog was stating her opinion and had no intention of "putting BB bags down." Some may perceive the "masculine" description to be a put down for Waterfield.

As Betsy posted it is great there are so many bags to chose from making all of us obsessed Kindle lovers happy!  :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I found adding "I like classy myself" a pretty snarky remark and really uncalled for. Especially since no one else had even compared the two. I also do not get how masculine is a put down?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Octochick said:
I found adding "I like classy myself" a pretty snarky remark and really uncalled for. Especially since no one else had even compared the two. I also do not get how masculine is a put down?
I agree with you. When did "masculine" become a bad thing?? They are masculine looking! And the BB bags are feminine looking. So what?!

To each his or her own. :)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
As I said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is classy. Saying one thing is classy does not mean something else is not classy. C'mon folks, I'm fighting with hardware today. Don't make me throw a yellow card here in Accessories of all places.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
As I said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is classy. Saying one thing is classy does not mean something else is not classy. C'mon folks, I'm fighting with hardware today. Don't make me throw a yellow card here in Accessories of all places.

Betsy

Is it bad that I am still proud that I managed to throw a shoulder into a dude at indoor soccer and he got the yellow card? The team was a bunch of over aggressive twits and the ref was not calling anything. I was protecting my goal keeper by taking out someone who had been running over people all night.

I just laughed when he got the yellow.

OK, I am evil

(Leaves to make some tea)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts