Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Just yesterday you had to listen to me complain that I hadn't had a sale in almost a week. Today is my first 10 sale day, and my best seller, False Witness, at least for the moment, is in the top 2% in sales. Yeah, Yeah!! Is the top 1% possible? Stay tuned to this network for further developments.

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com

·
Registered
456 Posts
Awesome, Larry. That's great news. Maybe I'll have a day like that, too :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
That's wonderful!  :D  

I noticed an uptick today, myself.  Maybe the end of the Sunshine Deals is making a difference!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
My sales have picked up this last two days. I never stopped selling daily, but the sales were down during the sunshine deal.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Well, weird then. Yesterday (Tuesday) was one of my best sales days ever, and then today has stunk for me. Emo-coaster is right. I was just looking at my numbers over the last week and thinking, how could it keep going up and down so dramatically, day after day? Maybe Amazon is doing something different with their suggestions/matches, etc., and as usual, we're all in the dark and just guessing at what's going on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congratulations! I'm up a bit, too. Today was the first day of my two-week blog tour.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Terrence OBrien said:
I'm always looking for data sources, and I'm not challenging your figures. If it's the top 2%, where do you get the denominator?
I'm not sure how he calculated it, but I've tried that calculation before using the total # of Kindle books out there as the denom. Last I heard, it was around 850K, right? By that token, top 2% would be 17,000, and top 1% would be 8,500. It's a bit more meaningful statistic to quote to the average non-Kindle-ranking-insider (like your Mom or the guy sitting next to you on the plane).

:) Maria

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kindle states that they carry over 950,000 books and mine was rated 21,500, which comes to 2.21%.

Larry Buttram
www.larrybuttram.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts