Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's compare, shall we?

Many people have experienced a residue problem when removing their 3acp skins. Emails to them about it were completely ignored.
A skin I ordered from them never got here. Emails to them about it were completely ignored.
Any type of customer service email is completely ignored.

I ordered a skin from my netbook from DecalGirl. It got here quickly, and it's gorgeous. However a few days later it developed bubbles all over it. I emailed them just to let them know there might be a manufacturing defect. Didn't ask for a thing.

Last night I got an email, profusely apologizing for the delay in responding (it was 48hrs instead of 24, no big deal!) and for the problem with the skin and saying they were sending me a replacement for free!

3acp could learn a lot from DecalGirl!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've never dealt w/3acp but I have bought a couple skins from DG and have only had the best customer service from them.  I'm happy to hear that you are experiencing the same.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have read numerous threads about the residue problem, you think they would fix it

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I agree. I've only had 1 skin from each company. My current skin is a DG and it is still on my k2 so I can't speak for the residue issue yet (although i'm not a bit worried) I can say that my 3acp skin was a DISASTER, it was easy to apply and looked beautiful on the k2. Removing it was something for the worlds strongest man competition and the residue was INSANE! It was everywhere and the skin would keep ripping in several places during removal so I would have to take my nail and scrape it off the kindle. Then the residue had to be removed with goo gone gel because even after removing the residue you could see smear marks on the white plastic from the leftover residue. Then I had to clean the kindle with a clean damp cloth with plain water to make sure no leftover goo gone was still there. It was terrible! I emailed 3acp but of course, no reponse!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same experience Kool! I was afraid I was going to break my Kindle somehow. 3acp's product is TERRIBLE and their complete lack of customer service is reprehensible. I don't like saying things like this usually, but I hope they go out of business before they rip off anymore people.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
There are just some companies out there that still believe good customer service means good business.  Decalgirl is one of them, and so is Oberon Designs.  I'm more than willing to pay extra and make other allowances for things that might have me on the fence between them and another company just from the wonderful service they both provide.  It's rare and almost magical when you find that perfect place where the people actually treat you well.  I do my best to send these types of folks as much business as possible because they deserve it.  The place I get my scented oils from is the same, and it's a much better experience (and more fun) than the perfume counter at JC Penny.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
when I clicked on your link it said something like available from these sellers and I clicked that and it only listed 3acp.  If I were you, I would pass.  I really like some of their skins but it is not worth it to me.  I hate sticky residue.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Oh, I see that. I completely missed that!  ;D
Thanks for the help. I'll definitely be avoiding them!

·
Registered
530 Posts
My first skin was from 3acp and I loved the design and figured that the residue problem would not be an issue for me because I just wasn't going to take it off. Then I started noticing that the edges of the skin were looking worn and "dirty" so I decided to remove it. It was not easy but it was not as bad for me as some have reported.

That being said, I have had my decalgirl skin on for much longer and there is no sign of wear. Although I will miss many of the designs on 3acp I won't be buying any more. I even have another of thier skins that I have not applied that I won't be using.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts