Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

My sweet hubby surprised me with a new Kindle 2 yesterday on my birthday (today is our anniversary so it was a joint celebration gift) and I'm so excited... only read for 2 1/2 hours last night as it was going on 1am and I knew my 5yr old would be ringing the 7am wakeup bell LOL

I've just ordered a skin & case for it, can't wait for them to arrive and to get up the courage to do the screen saver hack.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better and will be reading on the boards any chance I can get a few mins to myself (I homeschool my daughter) that I'm not using the actual kindle.

Candi
(currently living on the NJ shore, originally from MI... heading back to MI or to TX this year)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Congratulations! And happy birthday and happy anniversary! Have fun with your kindle!  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Cdaitch!

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your new Kindle!  Happy Birthday and Anniversary!

You've already introduced yourself a little, but if you get the chance, we'd love to learn more about you over in the Introductions & Welcomes, and/or go over to Accessories and tell us about your cover and skin!

We've got great book suggestions, many of them bargain and free, in the Book Bazaar!!!  and lots of tips and useful info in Tips, Tricks & Troubleshooting as well as Let's Talk Kindle!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Happy Birthday & Anniversary.  I got mine back in November for my birthday/anniversary!  I've used it everyday since.  I say it's the gift that keeps on giving.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Candi - nice to have you here.  We have several home school moms here, so I am sure they will pop in here too.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats! I got my first Kindle on Mother's Day, and we're inseparable now!

I'm in Michigan -- which part are you from? I live near Lansing :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the K2

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Happy Birthday/Anniversary -- what a great gift :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Awesome gift! Enjoy it and welcome to the boards!!  8)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Candi,
And Happy Birthday/Anniversary to you, and welcome. My sweet husband gave me my Kindle for Mothers Day this year. Enjoy

Christian
cdaitch said:
Hi everyone!

My sweet hubby surprised me with a new Kindle 2 yesterday on my birthday (today is our anniversary so it was a joint celebration gift) and I'm so excited... only read for 2 1/2 hours last night as it was going on 1am and I knew my 5yr old would be ringing the 7am wakeup bell LOL

I've just ordered a skin & case for it, can't wait for them to arrive and to get up the courage to do the screen saver hack.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better and will be reading on the boards any chance I can get a few mins to myself (I homeschool my daughter) that I'm not using the actual kindle.

Candi
(currently living on the NJ shore, originally from MI... heading back to MI or to TX this year)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Happy birthday and anniversary! I got my Kindle 2 from my wonderful daughters and husband for Mother's Day of this year, and I absolutely love it!  My husband and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary, today, too.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Candi.  So very happy for you. 
We have several other members on the Boards who also homeschool.  There have been some very active threads about homeschooling.  You can do a search for them if you'd like to read them.
deb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts