Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Lulu.com worth trying?  I've been told by a couple friends that they buy their ebooks on that site, but I don't know anything about it.  I haven't seen any discussion of Lulu here, either.  That makes me wary of that site.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm, either no one has an option about Lulu.com, or a LOT of folks are offline enjoying Father's Day here in the States.

I have decided it is a snug / conspiracy against the Writer-hating Dark Lords of Lulu (I suspect they are the ones who shot Kennedy, fed Elvis peanut butter and banana sandwiches and introduced Marlyn Monroe to mobsters).

Hey, I'm controversial.  ::)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm using Createspace as well. There are lots of threads on here on the merits of createspace vs. lulu vs. lightening source. Do a quick search and you'll get some feedback- that's how I decided to go with CS.

So far I'm finding the process very simple. They have templates to help you format your interior, a cover creator if you need one, and good forums where you can get lots of help.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I plan to use Createspace.  I was asking about Lulu.com for posting ebooks.  My friends buy their ebooks on that site.

I'm guessing by all the POD responses, no one sells ebooks through Lulu.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Oh, gotcha. Yeah, every time I hear people talk about lulu its generally for print on demand services.

If you're interested in using lulu for ebooks, i can tell you that they are a reputable site. If it's free to put your ebooks there and not too much of a hassle, I say go for it. Another venue is another venue, right?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Rachel Schurig said:
Oh, gotcha. Yeah, every time I hear people talk about lulu its generally for print on demand services.

If you're interested in using lulu for ebooks, i can tell you that they are a reputable site. If it's free to put your ebooks there and not too much of a hassle, I say go for it. Another venue is another venue, right?
This :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
TWGallier said:
Actually, I plan to use Createspace. I was asking about Lulu.com for posting ebooks. My friends buy their ebooks on that site.

I'm guessing by all the POD responses, no one sells ebooks through Lulu.
Last time I checked, Lulu doesn't allow you to price as low as Kindle. This could be an issue. Say your friend buys your book on Lulu for $5.99 and then sees it's on Amazon for $2.99. They might not like that they bought it for a higher price elsewhere.

Also, Lulu doesn't have its own ereader, so everyone who buys an ebook from them will have to read it on their computer, or device with an app.

I did have my first book up on Lulu as an ebook before I learned about the Kindle. It was for sale for 6 months. I sold 3 copies. (Two to friends.)

In my opinion, not worth your time. Tell your friends to download the Kindle app and get their ebooks from Amazon. They're much cheaper.

Vicki

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, everyone.  That pricing issue is a deal breaker.  I do not want to annoy the readers, and I personally would be quite annoyed to find I was being charged more at a different site.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts