Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I like the idea that there's nothing magical about it -- just sweat and a drop of inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

G

·
So now the earring lady is an expert? Wahahahahahah...oh that's good.

I'm gonna try to get her autograph before she's lost in the crush of paparazzi.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Jon Olson said:
I like the idea that there's nothing magical about it -- just sweat and a drop of inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
I think there is something magical about it. Some books are definitely better and more exciting than others.

Ann

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great interview. And I couldn't agree more...good covers, good descriptions,and a gripping first few pages (and then some) sell books! :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Love the interview (AND the earring)!  :D

It's really inspiring to me to see that you had a slower start, then blew up once readers found your books.  Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks, everyone.  I'm beginning to figure this out a little bit, but a lot of it is simple and it starts with the book, the cover, and the product description. And branding--having a uniform message through your book or books that shows people what the genre is and what a reader can expect. I am constantly amazed at the quality of the covers here at Writers' Cafe.  So many of them are to die for. Many of them wouldn't be a good fit for my book, though.  And that's the thing I try to keep in mind. What is the promise I give the reader with my cover, book description, etc.? I guess the first question is: What kind of book is it?  And narrow it down as much as you can---figure out who the audience is. The answer is different for everyone.  

I think it takes time for people to notice the books.  A long time for some, but the good thing to remember: books can catch on at any time, so even if it looks grim at first, that's no prediction of what will happen in the future.  Writing, and putting up solid books, is the best thing to do in the meantime. (I keep telling myself!)  

And I think the earring helps.   ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts