Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought a Phillips DVD recorder several years ago, the Phillips website had a link to an independent forum like this one, but for the Phillips recorder obviously. If Amazon was smart, they would link to this site. It is totally pro Kindle, and could help people who are checking out Amazon to decide if they want to buy one. It would probably sell many more Ks. It would also help take some of the pressure off Amazon tech support, as many of the simpler problems would be handled here. We have 1200 members, versus hundreds of thousands of Kindles sold. I would never have found this site without Leslie's "good spam" on the Amazon discussion group. I would think Amazon should love us and support us in any way possible.

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I agree with you, Steve, but I am not expecting any miracles.

I was over there yesterday spreading a little spam around and I'll continue to do so over the coming days. I expect we'll have a whole bunch of new Kindlers join us and they all are welcome!

L

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great idea Jeff. I am sure many of us would be willing to "bump it up to the top" to keep it current.

Steve

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Leslie, I do so admire your dedication. After you were so horribly abused on the Amazon Forum, you still go back and help people. Maybe we should all do a separate thread with a link to here so they couldn't call out just one person!  :D :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
sherylb said:
Leslie, I do so admire your dedication. After you were so horribly abused on the Amazon Forum, you still go back and help people. Maybe we should all do a separate thread with a link to here so they couldn't call out just one person! :D :D
Thank you, Sheryl. I just think of that episode as "character building." LOL

Seriously, I think back on it and chuckle. I mean, people were arguing about whether or not I was too rude or not rude enough. It's pretty funny, really. ;D

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Leslie said:
Thank you, Sheryl. I just think of that episode as "character building." LOL

Seriously, I think back on it and chuckle. I mean, people were arguing about whether or not I was too rude or not rude enough. It's pretty funny, really. ;D

L
Leslie - definitely NOT rude enough. I was reading the Amazon board though and some of the rude posters made me check this out out of curiosity - thank you to the rudies.

Anju

·
Registered
869 Posts
Leslie said:
I was over there yesterday spreading a little spam around and I'll continue to do so over the coming days. I expect we'll have a whole bunch of new Kindlers join us and they all are welcome!

L
LOL :D

Keep up the good work. KB will be 100% supportive ~

Marci

·
Registered
325 Posts
Amazon really should take advantage of all the viral marketing it can get, including this forum. However, I believe Amazon won't, simply because it wouldn't be able to control what is said here (including negative comments about the Kindle).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lotus said:
Amazon really should take advantage of all the viral marketing it can get, including this forum. However, I believe Amazon won't, simply because it wouldn't be able to control what is said here (including negative comments about the Kindle).
We have people saying negative things about the Kindle? ??? ??? Someone would actually dare to do so? ;D

L

G

·
The most negative thing I ever saw posted was people giving some of us some good natured ribbing about not Naming our Kindles.

(I stay out of the more controversial threads)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Lotus said:
I don't know - I think Amazon has become so big that they simply don't even see a lot of the good opportunities they could take advantage of. And yeah, I think the lack of control wouldn't appeal, either. Well, too bad - we'll just have to do our part on our own... ;)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vampyre said:
The most negative thing I ever saw posted was people giving some of us some good natured ribbing about not Naming our Kindles.

(I stay out of the more controversial threads)
I understand that JK Rowling has named her Kindle "He Who Has No Name".

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stevene9 said:
I understand that JK Rowling has named her Kindle "He Who Has No Name".

Steve
Hahahaha, that's funny.

My son was thrilled with his copy of Tales of Beedle the Bard, but I did get alot of ribbing for actually buying a paper book for him as a gift!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Lotus said:
I think you have hit the nail on the head here. :) The other site that I was a moderator for was for Disney's Toontown Online, an online game designed for kids ages 7+. The site owner has had very friendly talks with the folks in charge of the game, and several of them even joined the site, but Disney could not, would not, officially recognize the site, basically for the above reasons. (We also strived to keep the site "G" so we could keep Disney on our good side - they could easily request it shut down.) That said, we had several folks referred to the site by Toontown tech support, Amazon could do the same thing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Keep spreading the word about KindleBoards. I'm so glad I stumbled on to something on Amazon that directed me here. I had lots of "frivilous" questions that weren't getting answered at Amazon. Also, the people there weren't nearly as friendly or helpful as the folks here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
megan said:
I'm so glad I stumbled on to something on Amazon that directed me here. I had lots of "frivilous" questions that weren't getting answered at Amazon. Also, the people there weren't nearly as friendly or helpful as the folks here.
That's because all the friendly, nice people left the Amazon boards to come here :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts