Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted on here for ages because I've been so busy, but just had to write something to mark what has been the most amazing month of my life.

Catch Your Death has now been No.1 on Amazon.co.uk for 23 days (apart from a few hours when it dropped to No.2).

Killing Cupid is still in the Top 5 - it climbed to No.2, so at one point we held the top two positions on the chart.

We've sold over 42,000 books this month. Obviously, the UK market is much smaller than the US so we're way way behind John Locke and J Carson Black in terms of sales, but for the UK we are now one of the biggest sellers yet.

We appeared live on national TV and radio as well as being featured in several national newspapers.

We launched the Summer Book Club today too (www.facebook.com/summerbookclub).

And we have a very excitement announcement to come soon.

I say all this not because I'm showing off, but because I want everyone on here to feel that anything is possible. Back in April, we only sold 500 books, and less than 2000 in May. Then everything went boom. When we launched on Kindle in February we were ecstatic with 5 sales a day. But we worked and worked to get the books up the chart - and that's after fifteen years of writing and writing and honing our craft. It's been absolutely incredible and although I can't believe we will stay at No.1 for much longer, I will never ever forget the thrill of June 2011.  :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
markedwards said:
I haven't posted on here for ages because I've been so busy, but just had to write something to mark what has been the most amazing month of my life.

Catch Your Death has now been No.1 on Amazon.co.uk for 23 days (apart from a few hours when it dropped to No.2).

Killing Cupid is still in the Top 5 - it climbed to No.2, so at one point we held the top two positions on the chart.

We've sold over 42,000 books this month. Obviously, the UK market is much smaller than the US so we're way way behind John Locke and J Carson Black in terms of sales, but for the UK we are now one of the biggest sellers yet.

We appeared live on national TV and radio as well as being featured in several national newspapers.

We launched the Summer Book Club today too (www.facebook.com/summerbookclub).

And we have a very excitement announcement to come soon.

I say all this not because I'm showing off, but because I want everyone on here to feel that anything is possible. Back in April, we only sold 500 books, and less than 2000 in May. Then everything went boom. When we launched on Kindle in February we were ecstatic with 5 sales a day. But we worked and worked to get the books up the chart - and that's after fifteen years of writing and writing and honing our craft. It's been absolutely incredible and although I can't believe we will stay at No.1 for much longer, I will never ever forget the thrill of June 2011. :D
ONLY 500? ONLY 2000?

I think we have a different gauge of success...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
513 Posts
This is so amazing, Mark!  :D  Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!

It's been thrilling to see your posts this month where things just get better and better.  Here's to many more months like this one!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congratulations, Mark! With only two books you have accomplished more than most with twenty books! It's really inspiring for all of us.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Mark,

Really good work congratulations, fantastic figures. Seems like all your hard is paying off.

Dont know if you have time for a q. but what did you do to make sales go boom as you write?

Many thanks
Brian

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That's fantastic, Mark! Very inspiring for all of us. Can't wait to hear the other exciting news :)

Ever since I saw the cover for Killing Cupid way back when I had an inkling it was going to sell well. The cover coupled with the title are a great marketing tool in themselves IMO.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That's great to hear - considering Amazon and their "no tags for a few weeks plus a crazy sale on big 6 books" thing they did!!!!!

Just shows that hard work pays off no matter what Amazon does. :)

-jb 8)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats, Mark!  That's amazing!

So, do you want to share with the peanut gallery what kind of work you did to make yourself so successful?  ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts