Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Are there any other sales venues for my eBooks besides Amazon, B&N (D2D), Smashwords, Google Play, etc? I do KDP paperbacks and Audible audio books, too. I  am WIDE on all these sales platforms but wonder if I am missing out on other places to sell. Are there ANY OTHER PLACES to place and sell my eBooks? Just wondering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
1) don't you have to pay MONTHLY to use publishdrive? or is there a free option?

2) are there options to uncheck stores that use publishdrive & streetlib & drivethrufiction? (because maybe i publish to them using other aggregators or publish to them directly)?

3) also i would like to know any other additional platforms/stores to for ebooks/audiobooks/etc. (does anyone know other online course platforms too?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
blueman3 said:
1) don't you have to pay MONTHLY to use publishdrive? or is there a free option?

2) are there options to uncheck stores that use publishdrive & streetlib & drivethrufiction? (because maybe i publish to them using other aggregators or publish to them directly)?

3) also i would like to know any other additional platforms/stores to for ebooks/audiobooks/etc. (does anyone know other online course platforms too?)
1)I use Publishdrive for eBooks only. I'm not required to pay anything unless I sell a book through them. Of course, I bring my own ePub.

2) Yes, you can uncheck stores at Publishdrive and Streetlib. DriveThruFiction is its own store, and doesn't distribute to any others.

3) You can sell your own stuff through Payhip.com and Gumroad.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,306 Posts
Selling through your own store is another option, and there are many different ways to do that. But you need a BYO audience for that. Although, if you have Bookfunnel, this could take away a lot of the unfamiliarity hesitation, because people are already familiar with the process of getting stuff from Bookfunnel (especially if you got subscribers from a Bookfunnel promo).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are PublishDrive,  Streetlib, and DriveThruFiction all safe to sell my eBooks on? If I give them direct deposit info on my bank account? Just wondering..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,306 Posts
Kathryn Meyer Griffith said:
Are PublishDrive, Streetlib, and DriveThruFiction all safe to sell my eBooks on? If I give them direct deposit info on my bank account? Just wondering..
Why would they not be safe? Or, I should say, any less safe than the regular venues?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
Why would they not be safe? Or, I should say, any less safe than the regular venues?
He's probably asking because he's never heard of them and is wondering if they're legitimate, well respected companies. I know I've never heard of DriveThruFiction and after browsing the website for a couple minutes I'm not sure why anyone why buy a book from them instead of one of the bigger companies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,306 Posts
Clay said:
He's probably asking because he's never heard of them and is wondering if they're legitimate, well respected companies. I know I've never heard of DriveThruFiction and after browsing the website for a couple minutes I'm not sure why anyone why buy a book from them instead of one of the bigger companies.
The OP is she.

Looking and googling DriveThruFiction will also have brought up the fact that they do lots with the comics and RPG crowd and have sub-sites for each, and if you did any more research, you'd find that this is a well-established subgenre and that some very big sellers operate in that genre (which is poorly served by Amazon because there is no subcategory). Investigating the site, one might also have noticed that some big names sell there.

But if you are not as familiar with the genre, or just have a cursory look, you probably miss all that.

DriveThruFiction has a well-established brand, slightly luddite, slightly retro which suits the comics market they target.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
No one mentioned Overdrive for library rentals. I think you need to go thru a consolidator though...I forget which one is doing that now. Does anyone have any experience with them ?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top