Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading a thread about K2s fading in bright sunshine. This has me wondering what self-tests I should do when the K2 arrives that I ordered for my son in Iraq. I plan to run it through it's paces and send it off to him. What do you suggest I check for to make sure I've received a well-made, problem-free K2? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would charge it up and load the books on it that you want (or that he would want) on it.  Take it out the the sun and see if you have any fading issues.  I guess you could turn the whispernet on and see if it works for you (even though he wouldn't be able to use it over there).  At least that way you would know that it does work in an area that does receive the signal.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Besides trying it out in the sun, I would try to test all the possible features on it to make sure all is well.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I agree with Kind.  Try everything.  But don't consider the tests done until you try it out in the sun.  I'm a little sensitive on the sun fading thing but I here there are Kindles without that issue.  Hope you get a perfect one.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I agree with everyone, try it out completely, including the Whispernet.  I'm aware he will not have access to that feature presently, but when he comes back to the States he will and I would hate for there to have been a problem.  A couple of posters had problems getting their K2s to connect to the internet.  They would have two K2s beside each other and one would connect and the other wouldn't. 
So it would be a good idea to just make sure you have a good signal for future use.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
deb

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son's Kindle looks good so far. No problems in the bright sun, no problems with Whispernet, no problems loading books from USB. Now I need to test all the keys and features. Can't wait to skin it but I will wait until it all checks out.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Guernsey said:
My son's Kindle looks good so far. No problems in the bright sun, no problems with Whispernet, no problems loading books from USB. Now I need to test all the keys and features. Can't wait to skin it but I will wait until it all checks out.
MY BF had a fair share of problems with his K2 and the sun. Had to replace it twice. Hopefully your son goes problem free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.