Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing some gaming sites on a review blog list got me thinking about this... my wildest dream is probably having a video game based on my work. Now, a one woman army hacking through hundreds without magic wouldn't be as uncommon in video games as in published fiction... in fact it would be downright COMMON with things like Dynasty Warriors around... but it would still be freaking awesome!

Have any of you dreamed of having a video game based on your work and/or other wild fantasies relating to it?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
My wildest dream is for my children to be autonomous when they grow up.
The rest is bonus.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alain Gomez said:
Since I write short stories my wildest fantasies are pretty mundane. I'd be happy with a piece of fan mail :D
They've made movies based on short stories... :)

I could imagine the Gothic Warrior series on a big screen... OMG the controversy.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Being a writer in the gaming industry would be a dream of mine. I'm a major gamer. They should make a new Vampire: The Masquerade game and use some of my characters. I could go for that!

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
*phone rings*
Me:  "Hello?"
Stephen King:  "Shawn, what's up?"
Me: "Steve, you illiterate bastard, long time no talk."
Steve: "I've been busy."
Me: "Writing another 2,000-page epic. I hope.  Which will be turned into a mini-series in five years."
Steve: "You better believe it.  What have you been up to?"
Me: "Just finished my screenplay for Cameron.  Speilberg's been hounding me to work with him, but I'm knee deep in proposals."
Steve: "How'd you like to spend a few weeks down at the place in Sarasota?  We could go over those ideas for a collaboration."
Me:  "I'm there, buddy.  Just say when."
Steve:  "How's next week sound?"
Me:  "Tarantino's going to be pissed."
Steve:  "When isn't he?"
Me: *chuckling* "I'll be there."
Steve: "Looking forward to it."
*alarm goes off*
Me:  "What?  Dang, it was just a dream.  Time to go to work."

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I'm (loosely) living your dream! I'm the lead writer at a game company, and we create RPG/adventure-ish games for kids that teach math lessons in the process. I have a world filled with characters I created at my disposal. The only problem is that everything has to be very kid-friendly, but it really is my dream job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMPOSSIBLE DREAMS

To write 100+ novel length works.
To build a trust fund that will put all my grandkids through private school.
To go into space and set foot on an alien world.
To write a book that defines a new genre (or sub-genre).
To change lives forever with every book.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I guess you don't mean our wildest sexual fantasy, so that leaves me with...? Getting the squirrels out of my attic?

·
Registered
180 Posts
To live on or near the beach and have my writing be a large enough portion of my income (or savings) that I don't have to work a soul sucking desk job for the next 40 years of my life. If anyone has any actionable steps I can take to make this come true, or any jobs that would get me closer to water, I'm very open to hearing them.

·
Registered
997 Posts
ChadMck said:
To live on or near the beach and have my writing be a large enough portion of my income (or savings) that I don't have to work a soul sucking desk job for the next 40 years of my life. If anyone has any actionable steps I can take to make this come true, or any jobs that would get me closer to water, I'm very open to hearing them.
1) Relocate to the Cayman Islands.
2) Plan an elaborate bank heist.
3) Get caught. Write memoir on said heist.

·
Registered
12,230 Posts
My wildest dream is to have my work hit bestseller lists, have multiple agents who formerly rejected me approach me again. Have one of them find a traditional home for my future novels, while I continue to self-publish my shorter stories. Naturally in this dream, my trad published books hit all the bestseller lists.

A more realistic dream is to consistently sell a thousand copies per month throughout 2013.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To knock 50 Shades of Gray off the top of Amazon, replacing it with light, happy, fun BDSM erotica where people actually negotiate consent.

Also, to have Mittens turned into a live-action movie, that doesn't suck. Maybe directed by the Pillow Book guy.
No, strike that - animated. No, CLAYMATION. Yes.

Okay.

My dream is to have the guy who does Wallace and Gromit make an adaptation of Mittens. And I want it to have the music from Wallace and Gromit in there too. And as the scathing reviews roll in and the tabloids froth at the mouth and people the world over wonder how we got to this place, I will think to myself, "What a wonderful world."

(but seriously I just want 50 Shades off the bestseller list, it's awful)
(and realistically I want a day where I sell ten copies of Mittens)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts