Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best advertising sites that promote to places other than Amazon? Promo sites that include links to Nook, Kobo, iBooks, etc? Since one of my goals this year is to develop my non-Amazon income streams to the point where Amazon represents <50% of my income, I can't justify promoting my books on sites that only link to Amazon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously? No one has an answer to this thread either? Maybe it really is time to move on from KBoards, if the community is this unhelpful.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Do you mean paid ads?  Why not just do it yourself for free?

What is your goal? To get more book sales and reviews?

I do have a few suggestions on inexpensive marketing if you want to PM me.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Joe Vasicek said:
Seriously? No one has an answer to this thread either? Maybe it really is time to move on from KBoards, if the community is this unhelpful.
I am trying to help. And I think this community is the most generous and supportive that I have ever come across. ;-)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Joe Vasicek said:
What are the best advertising sites that promote to places other than Amazon? Promo sites that include links to Nook, Kobo, iBooks, etc? Since one of my goals this year is to develop my non-Amazon income streams to the point where Amazon represents <50% of my income, I can't justify promoting my books on sites that only link to Amazon.
Joe Vasicek said:
I don't think it's the matter of being unhelpful. It's the matter of timezones (gotta be more patient) and the fact that your situation is fairly unommon. Most authors are in KDP Select and concentrate their promotional efforts on Amazon. This is after all KINDLE boards. :) - So it's reasonable to assume that most people aren't all that knowledgeable on non-Amazon promotion sites.

Personally I'm not aware of any specific promotional sites or services that focus on non-Amazon promos. I'm not sure if other stores have affiliate systems in place, which is one big reason why people even bother to promote books on Amazon. And even if they do, managing multiple affiliate programs is annoying.

I'm thinking about looking into this topic though. Clearly there is a market for non-Amazon promotions, one just has to spend some time figuring it out. 8)

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Joe Vasicek said:
It's day time; people are working and stuff, give it some time. But anyway, here's a good thread to start with:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=192889.0

From experience I know Fussy Librarian, Read Cheaply, and ENT all do other vendors. I've had decent luck with all of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the OP should be self-explanatory. When you do a paid promotion, the promo site will either send out an email newsletter or post your book to a list, with links to where people can get it. Most promo sites only provide links to Amazon, though, and I want to promote my books on sites that will link to other retailers as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Joe -

Want to throw our hat in the ring. Freebooksy / Bargain Booksy both link to non-Amazon platforms. We've intentionally build a readerbase that isn't solely Kindle focused as well (we're particularly strong in Nook). Of course Amazon is king because Amazon has the market share, but we'll always link to other sites.

Re: effectiveness -- I'll let other authors chime in, because this isn't the place to toot our own horn. I will say that we have a satisfaction guaranteed policy for Freebooksy and Bargain Booksy features, though :)

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
At this point, I swear by ENT. I did the math following my February run with them and discovered that one average, my sales go up a permanent 10% each time I use them (thanks to stickiness in ranks on BN and Kobo)--probably less because that includes my Christmas add that increased my sales 150% on other vendors which, well Christmas; you can only pull that off once a year.

I've only done the one Fussy Librarian run and the site was young when I did it, so I can't say how good they are now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Freebooksy_Taylor said:
Hi Joe -

Want to throw our hat in the ring. Freebooksy / Bargain Booksy both link to non-Amazon platforms. We've intentionally build a readerbase that isn't solely Kindle focused as well (we're particularly strong in Nook). Of course Amazon is king because Amazon has the market share, but we'll always link to other sites.

Re: effectiveness -- I'll let other authors chime in, because this isn't the place to toot our own horn. I will say that we have a satisfaction guaranteed policy for Freebooksy and Bargain Booksy features, though :)
Curious, by satisfaction guaranteed policy, do you mean to break even, or to see some profit from your ad? Just curious. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Freebooksy_Taylor said:
Hi Joe -

You know, I've tried Freebooksy, but I haven't tried Bargainbooksy yet. Your prices seem reasonable, and you've got a handful of sci fi books out there, so I think I'll try you guys out. Thanks.

887 Posts
Joe, I recently had a flurry of sales and downloads on my YA urban fantasy on Nook and iBooks (which is unusual for me) and I'm working on tracking which promos prompted it.  I need to improve my data gathering. The flurry was prior to my Freebooksy ad so I know it wasn't them, although I did get a spike in KDP downloads as a result of Freebooksy.  I will post again when I've identified the source (getting kids ready for school now, so you know...priorities). 

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Frank Tayell said:
In addition to the ones above, Manybooks.net, EbookHounds.com, FKBT and Booksbutterfly all allow links to non-Amazon platforms. I can't speak to their effectiveness however - my data collection has been pretty lousy up until recently.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that FKBT does the other vendors now, too. I've never done super-well there, but I think it's a genre thing. I bet they're great for thrillers/mysteries/action.

Edited to add: I haven't used FKBT since they branched out to the other vendors, so I don't know how effective they are in that regard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most of the new sites and the big sites are the best best.

New sites because they aren't amazon revenue dependent. So they focus on all stores.
Big sites because they've branched out to other vendors to keep growing.

Bookbub, ENT, The Midlist are good because they are big. Same for FreeBooksy. I don't know if Booksends does other stores. They're a big good site too.

I think it would be a mistake to focus only on sites that promote to all stores (i say this despite not being one of those sites).

There are very few sites that can get you solid results in Nook and Kobo. I only know of Bookbub and perhaps ENT.

There are lots of sites that can get you decent to good results in Kindle Store.

For the other stores you'll have to figure out other marketing channels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts