Kindle Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1292 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,900 Posts
McMillions on HBO NOW.  Good one.  Documentary done with humor.  :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,274 Posts
Recently I finished watching Vera and Shetland on Britbox. I've started the old Inspector Linley series from same source. Watched two episodes (almost done) tonight of Grace & Frankie. I am not liking the plot as much now but love seeing Jane and all the others. The kids' plots are filler in my opinion.

Also watched a 6-part documentary on Netflix about the royal family.

Stay well, everyone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
Somebody recommended Where The Heart Is as a good follow up to Last Tango in Halifax on NetFlix. I can't binge watch it, but it is feel-good stuff.

Also catching up on Project Blue Book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,274 Posts
My brother texted me and his kids last night to recommend Tiger King on Netflix. I watched about half of the first episode but didn't think it was good enough to keep up with. Anyone else watch this?

I've started watching W1A (Hugh Bonneville as Head of Values at BBC, a comedy) and enjoying. I'd read about it in a NY Times what to watch article. I am still watching Inspector Lynley and have many more episodes to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
for some reason, i've become hooked on the food network (even though I can't watch everything because I don't have a cable provider and can't log-in).  watched a couple of seasons of chopped and am now going through 3 free seasons of diners, drive-ins and dives.

i have been anticipating every thursday for the new series Picard.  last night was the last episode, but i'm holding off until tomorrow to watch it.  and waiting for the 3rd season of ST:Discovery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
spotsmom said:
I refuse to pay to see Picard (even though I would love to). I think Patrick Stewart could make me safe in any situation.
see if you can get a free 7 day trial for CBS access on the CBS website.

i have to admit that i did not love the last episode of the show (or the series as a whole), but there were some great moments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,629 Posts
mlewis78 said:
My brother texted me and his kids last night to recommend Tiger King on Netflix. I watched about half of the first episode but didn't think it was good enough to keep up with. Anyone else watch this?
We started watching Tiger King last night. My first reaction was the same as yours. I was appalled at what I was seeing. When I found out that Joe is now in jail, I continued to watch, hoping justice has been done. We have now seen 3 episodes. I cannot bear to watch more than one in a day. It is so sad to see how low people can go in desperation. I find it hard to believe it is the #1 watched show on Netflix right now.

Our favorite bingeing has been the Netflix food shows. Ugly Delicious, Breakfast Lunch Dinner, Restaurants on the Edge, Chef's Table. There are some movies lined up in our cue that I want to see soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Well, I'm on day 7 of the 4-week lockdown here in New Zealand. I finally got to watch the Korean film Parasite by Bong Joon-ho last night.

I won't spoil it for anyone, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it... an interesting film to say the least, but I found almost all the characters to be totally unlikable. So, for that reason alone, I have to give it a 7.5 out of 10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,274 Posts
I've been watching the new Perry Mason series on Netflix (Matthew Rhys) that is set in 1931-32 in Los Angeles. I barely remember the Perry Mason series from the '50s but we did watch it back then and this is nothing like it. I do like this one, although it shows some gruesome things.

Also watching the latest Grantchester series on PBS and Beecham House. Not too fond of Beecham House, but it is just good enough to keep watching weekly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
mlewis78 said:
I've been watching the new Perry Mason series on Netflix (Matthew Rhys) that is set in 1931-32 in Los Angeles. I barely remember the Perry Mason series from the '50s but we did watch it back then and this is nothing like it. I do like this one, although it shows some gruesome things.

Also watching the latest Grantchester series on PBS and Beecham House. Not too fond of Beecham House, but it is just good enough to keep watching weekly.
The Perry Mason looks to me like a prequel/origin story, is it something like that?

Oh, and there is a new Lucy Worsley series on PBS, called Royal Fibs. First episode was Queen Elizabeth 1, second was Queen Anne (didn't know much about her), and the third one will be Marie Antionette.

I've been binging Star Trek. Alternating between Next Generation and DS9, with some Enterprise thrown in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,274 Posts
telracs said:
The Perry Mason looks to me like a prequel/origin story, is it something like that?

Oh, and there is a new Lucy Worsley series on PBS, called Royal Fibs. First episode was Queen Elizabeth 1, second was Queen Anne (didn't know much about her), and the third one will be Marie Antionette.

I've been binging Star Trek. Alternating between Next Generation and DS9, with some Enterprise thrown in.
Yes, Perry Mason must be a prequel. I have watched the first in the Lucy Worsley series about Elizabeth I. I have the next one on DVR. I alerted my brother Stan to watch Lucy W. and he said he had the Queen Anne one set up to record on Sunday. He read the Wolf Hall series of books by Hilary Mantel this year and then saw the PBS series for the first time recently.

I watched two episodes of Queer Eye Tuesday evening. I like this season being set in Philadelphia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,255 Posts
I am rewatching re-binging? Vampire Diaries. Guilty pleasure. Vamp teenage angst and drama is just what I need right now  ;D.

And once that is done, I want to watch Alias. I have heard about that show for a long time, but never watched it. Not even one episode so that might be a good one to get into.

I finished Enterprise and sad how it ended. I just pretend the last to 2nd episode was the last. It actually turned out to be my favorite of the star trek franchise for me. 2nd favorite is Deep Space nine, although haven't watched all yet. My least favorite is Next generation, I just don't like that one for some reason. Can't get into Picard and the other characters. I think I need to watch Deep space nine and Voyager all the way through. Those I like. Skipping the Next Gen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
I just rewatched Vampire Diaries too! It's a good show to watch in the evening as most of the scenes are dark. I'm watching The Sinner and getting ready to start Warrior Nun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Atunah said:
I am rewatching re-binging? Vampire Diaries. Guilty pleasure. Vamp teenage angst and drama is just what I need right now ;D.

And once that is done, I want to watch Alias. I have heard about that show for a long time, but never watched it. Not even one episode so that might be a good one to get into.

I finished Enterprise and sad how it ended. I just pretend the last to 2nd episode was the last. It actually turned out to be my favorite of the star trek franchise for me. 2nd favorite is Deep Space nine, although haven't watched all yet. My least favorite is Next generation, I just don't like that one for some reason. Can't get into Picard and the other characters. I think I need to watch Deep space nine and Voyager all the way through. Those I like. Skipping the Next Gen.
OMG, the ending of Enterprise was just SO WRONG! Actually, most of the endings of the Star Trek Spin-offs leave much to be desired. Let me know when you're watching Voyager, so I can voice my main complaints about that show.

I went on an Alexandre Dumas movie binge this weekend. Richard Chamberlain "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Man in the Iron Mask" followed by Leonardo DiCaprio's "Man in the Iron Mask" then the Keifer Sutherland/Oliver Platt/Charlie Sheen "Three Muskeeteers". Then for a bit of a change, went to "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves". Am thinking "Ladyhawke" or "Princess Bride" next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,255 Posts
telracs said:
OMG, the ending of Enterprise was just SO WRONG! Actually, most of the endings of the Star Trek Spin-offs leave much to be desired. Let me know when you're watching Voyager, so I can voice my main complaints about that show.

I went on an Alexandre Dumas movie binge this weekend. Richard Chamberlain "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Man in the Iron Mask" followed by Leonardo DiCaprio's "Man in the Iron Mask" then the Keifer Sutherland/Oliver Platt/Charlie Sheen "Three Muskeeteers". Then for a bit of a change, went to "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves". Am thinking "Ladyhawke" or "Princess Bride" next.
Yeah, that ending was so out of place and so mean. Like the show runners just wanted to shat all over it and the characters. Didn't make sense and peeved me off. I would have liked a couple of more seasons of this show. I think I like my sci fi closer to first contact, which that one was. I am not too fond when its more like fantasy and far removed from earth and humans. If that makes sense.

I'll let you know about Voyager. Which one is first chronological, Voyager or Deep Space. I guess I'll google that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
Atunah said:
Yeah, that ending was so out of place and so mean. Like the show runners just wanted to shat all over it and the characters. Didn't make sense and peeved me off. I would have liked a couple of more seasons of this show. I think I like my sci fi closer to first contact, which that one was. I am not too fond when its more like fantasy and far removed from earth and humans. If that makes sense.

I'll let you know about Voyager. Which one is first chronological, Voyager or Deep Space. I guess I'll google that.
DS9 is technically chronologically first. I think that Voyager starts around the 3rd Season of DS9 (Voyager [the ship] actually leaves from DS9). if you don't like fantasy, i am surprised you like DS9, as i feel it is the most fantasy leaning of all the series.

As to the Enterprise ending, i think they got cancelled by surprise, so were not able to go on as they expected and got stuck with the lousy ending.
 
1241 - 1260 of 1292 Posts
Top