Kindle Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1290 Posts

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I have only watched a few episodes of DS9. I'll start from beginning and see if I like it. THere was something about the tone of the show that appealed to me. Which is exactly what I don't like about the Next Gen. The tone on that one does not appeal.

True, I prefer the ones that are more human connected. Its the same when I read. But since there are only a selected type TV shows out there that I even wanna watch, I'll stretch out a bit more. I am running out of stuff to watch otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Recently found "Inspector George Gently". Similar in feel to "Foyle's War" but it took me longer to 'get' the characters.It's set in the 60s. I'm running out of things I want to watch on Acorn so when I've seen all I care to, I may cancel it and switch to BritBox for a while .... I left off at season 2 of Vera and I'd like to continue that. And I've seen a lot of other things that look good via Prime Video, but they're actually on BritBox.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I finished Vampire Diaries and glad too. Last 2 seasons were garbage. Got worn out on all the teen drama lama.

So now I started The Originals, spinoff of the VD and now that is more like it. A vampire show for adults. Great acting, great setting in New Orleans and great atmosphere. I have 5 seasons I think to watch. Halfway through the first.

·
Registered
436 Posts
;D I started watching the Originals too! I've also been watching Wynonna Earp. It's a supernatural drama with a tough female main character, great so far.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yellowstone.  Took several episodes to sort out the characters, relationships and some of their backstories but it’s really interesting now.  Somewhat reminds me of the old show Dallas - powerful rich family with lots of secrets and back stabbing.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
I started S5 of Peaky Blinders last night. 1929 stock market crash.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Watched 2 episodes yesterday of Van der Valk. It is currently running on PBS.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been enjoying Stargate SG1. Mostly started it to have a better backstory for a planned rewatch of Stargate Atlantis, but I've been enjoying it on its own merits. Good to watch while knitting! (And once the fabric arrives for my kids' Halloween costumes, good to have in the background while sewing, too.)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Recently binged The Queen's Gambit & Bridgerton on Netflix and Vikings season pt 2 on Amazon. Currently watching See on Apple TV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been watching 2-3 episodes of FRIENDS every night for the past few month or so.  I have vague memories of seeing it on during the 90s as both my brother and sister loved it... but I was always more of a Seinfeld guy.  Anyway, I have to say it is pretty good for the most part and still holds up!  There's been a couple of times that I laughed out loud (Ross commenting on Joey's tiny feet... Phoebe learning to ride a bike with training wheels) LOL

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I binged Supernatural over the past couple of months.  I'd watched a few episodes, but finally got serious about it.  Loved it.  Now I'm on a Gilmore Girls binge (somehow I never watched it) and I'll probably throw in a couple of shows with short seasons in between seasons. I binged Bridgerton on Netflix Christmas weekend while he watched football - it was glorious.  I'd read and loved the books and love the series as well. 
DH and I just watched all 4 seasons of The Crown.  Now we're watching the final episodes of Vikings. 

1261 - 1280 of 1290 Posts