Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I can't write unless I'm comfortable.

So, I put on my favorite ass-less chaps, fishnet stockings, three layers of lipstick and foundation, a mickey mouse hat, and generous dollops of a mixture of honey, molasses, and whipped cream on tender areas. If I'm outside though, I skimp on the honey. Bears love honey. Makes for dangerous writing conditions.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My favorite pair of blue, flannel pj-bottoms and sandals. With a very old Scooby-Doo t-shirt. Really, it's true..I wear this combo almost every evening when I come home. When this Scooby-Doo t-shirt finally meets its well deserved end, I'll weep real tears.  ;D

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Content removed circa September 2018 after realizing this forum was bought by VerticalScope -- a foreign corporation with seemingly suspicious motives and a bad attitude apparently attempting to grab rights retroactively. They can have the rights to this statement!

·
Registered
399 Posts
rexjameson said:
I can't write unless I'm comfortable.

So, I put on my favorite *ss-less chaps, fishnet stockings, three layers of lipstick and foundation, a mickey mouse hat, and generous dollops of a mixture of honey, molasses, and whipped cream on tender areas. If I'm outside though, I skimp on the honey. Bears love honey. Makes for dangerous writing conditions.
Oh God, I've gone blind!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I often write in my housecoat and slippers.  But the truth is I get a lot more done if I first get dressed, jeans and shirt are fine, and put a little lipstick on and comb my hair.  I'm going to work, after all.

Joan

·
Registered
286 Posts
In summer, it seems I am most often in my swimsuit when I write. I like to get a bit done before I surf.

Was gonna say naked, to the dismay of most since I write in the park, but that's not so original on pg. 2 of a thread.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hmm. I'm often in pajamas, because I write mostly in the mornings or late at night. I haven't paid attention to whether I write better when I've showered and dressed or not. I should try that and see if it has an effect.

I do think I would NOT write as well if I was in, say, a dress or pantsuit and in an office. Ugh. I need to be comfortable.

·
Registered
559 Posts
A writer friend once e-mailed me that she was going through her wardrobe and disposing of everything that was torn, stained or didn't fit.

I responded: OMG, what are you going to write in then?

I wear my rattiest, most disreputable clothes. The idea is that I will NOT leave the house dressed like that. Although I must admit that I will go to the dog park that way. And if I absolutely have to get gas on the way back... Or that library book is due... Or ...

It's a slippery slope.

P.S. I'm definitely a barefoot writer in the summer. Last week, I had 4 pairs of sandals under the desk from kicking them off.

G

·
Since I only have to go business when I travel, I wear the same thing pretty much every day.  In fact, my husband refers to it as "the uniform."

Jeans
T-shirt (usually graphic)
Baseball Cap (optional, depending on how screwy my hair went)
Sneakers or similar

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really depends on the time and location of day. After arriving at my workplace, I write for an hour, so then I'm in my dress clothes. On the weekends it's casual, comfortable stuff. I wake up very early to write (5AM) and since my pj's are really only shorts and a T-shirt, I may end up wearing that into at least midmorning and then change to go out.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts