Kindle Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Content removed circa September 2018 after realizing this forum was bought by VerticalScope -- a foreign corporation with seemingly suspicious motives and a bad attitude apparently attempting to grab rights retroactively. They can have the rights to this statement!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, sometimes when I'm really sloppy I wear my coffee too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm traveling with a very small(like school-sized) backpack, so I wear about the same thing every day. It's normally some combination of:

jeans/ convertible skirt/ sarong
Girly-t from hostel/ long-sleeved t/ sweater-type top
underwear/ bikini
socks
If it's cold (and lately it's pretty much always cold) I wear all of it at the same time. Plus a scarf.

When I was in Mexico at the nekkid beach I thought about writing in only sunscreen, but the surf was kinda wild and I'd already lost one notepad that way. The computer was kept far from the beach. And it's too cold here to be nekkid alone. Way, way too cold. Freaking Guatemala rainy season. I'd trade with Tucson, but it's too expensive up there, and the beer gets warm too fast.

Oh, yeah, and just about all my clothes have beer on them. Dunno how that happened.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
What ever I happen to be wearing that day.  I don't have a special writing outfit.  I find the sacrifice of livestock far more effective at rousing out the muse than any particular outfit.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
LOL! This is a funny thread. Since I write full-time at home everyday, I go to the gym really early in the morning. I come back home, shower, THEN I put on my pajamas and bathrobe until about 2 or 3 o'clock. :D In the winter I add a pair of socks to my outfit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
@Pamela Davis : I am TOTALLY like you. The comfier the better because then I'm all snuggled in with my laptop and writing as if I were reading. :)

When it comes to editing, though, I usually do that during a work day where ... oh ... wait ... I work from home in my jammies. ;) So, yeah, still a jammies thing! :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dara England said:
My nightgown because I like to write at night. Or my skin because I like to write in the bathtub. :p
Wait - do you really? Not with a laptop, right? Even with a notebook I can see it getting soggy... how do you do it?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
When I read the title of this thread, my mind immediately went to the gutter. Is that a bad thing?

For me, comfy is key! I love to wear my PJ pants and a tank top.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Ryne Douglas Pearson said:
Corduroy boxers. Fishnet vest. Beret. Clogs. A smirk. Eye patch.
lmao! If only you could see the visual I got from that.

I typically write before going to sleep or right after I get up, so in the summer I'm in my summer p.j.'s (tighty-whities and a tee) and in the winter I'm in my winter p.j.'s (red flannel one piece complete with the feet and *ss flap)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Pamela Davis said:
Do any of the rest of you writers have special clothing requirements when you write?
Nope.

I wear whatever I happen to be wearing when I feel like writing. It ranges from lounge pants and a T-shirt to my work clothes which I guess are business casual.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I found buying new clothes to be pricey, especially with changing styles and fashions. Instead, I have something that vaguely resembles clothing tattooed all over my body. It's a brave choice in the Minnesota winter, but at least I don't have to collect quarters for the laundry anymore.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ratty boxer shorts and a wife beater!  :D  (In the winter this is threadbare pajama bottoms, wife beater, and slippers.)

Let's keep it classy, writers.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts