Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
M passion is horror and yet, my fantasy novel Children of the Dragon outsells my horror titles 4:1...puts head down in shame

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow - that's interesting, because I just read someone saying they like fantasy but their horror book sells the best. weird!

my guess is that erotica beats them all (no pun intended) but I wonder if this is true

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Historical mystery. Before I started writing in this subgenre I wrote paranormal romances and those didn't sell nearly as well.

But to be fair, the paranormal romances were higher priced and I didn't have a good understanding of the expectations of that readership. I did everything backwards, writing the paranormals with no idea what they were and then trying to figure out what genre to fit them into after they were finished. I was one of those deaded writers who sits down to write something they're totally unfamiliar with so I sorta deserved to do badly at it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thrillers and Paranormal.  But it's all about thrillers, really.  Love writing them.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
I write historical fiction and fantasy.

My historical fiction outsells my fantasy by far.

·
Registered
532 Posts
YA romance but lately my adult contemporary romance is going head to head even at a higher price. Though they are part of a series so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. 

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
keithdbz said:
M passion is horror and yet, my fantasy novel Children of the Dragon outsells my horror titles 4:1...puts head down in shame
I have a feeling that will be the case much of the time. I write in horror, too, and I have a feeling the fantasy title due out this year will do better. It's just more mainstream than zombie literature.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone know if there is a way to find out the ranks of genres in terms of sales from Amazon? I can see the ranks of books within genres but not which genres sell better than others, and by how much. I've read plenty of anecdotal evidence but a lot of it is contradictory, for example I've read that sci-fi is both a high selling and the worst selling genre to publish in. It would be good if there is a way to get the information "from the horses mouth".
Tim

Lions of the Grail: An ex-Templar knight plunges into violent intrigue in medieval Ireland.

·
Registered
492 Posts
"It's just more mainstream than zombie literature"

Hey now, I write werewolf stories too  ;)
And I have two more horror titles coming by year's end or first quarter of 2012 (One vampire, one Killer Scarecrow)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts