Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some success with my books and plan to make 2013 the year my writing really takes off. I have a blog, twitter, facebook and email list and do "launch" activities such as KDP Select free days, but I struggle with the day-to-day marketing activities. I don't want to tweet "buy my book" all the time. Would people be willing to share some of their day-to-day marketing tasks or other marketing strategies?

G

·
JHarte said:
I'm having some success with my books and plan to make 2013 the year my writing really takes off. I have a blog, twitter, facebook and email list and do "launch" activities such as KDP Select free days, but I struggle with the day-to-day marketing activities. I don't want to tweet "buy my book" all the time. Would people be willing to share some of their day-to-day marketing tasks or other marketing strategies?
Daily marketing..? Think people might get annoyed if it's the same people seeing you actively 'market' to them daily... maybe just post on big forums with a good sig and hope people get interested?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
(Pedantic Masha takes temporary control)
Isn't it promotion, rather than marketing?
(Pedantic Masha is shoved back into the box)

Sorry about that.  ::)

I try to be active on a social media platform that suits my needs -- in my case, google+ -- not to sell, but to connect to like minded people.  I post about the images that inspire my writing, the dolls I make that are inspired by my writing, and anything else that catches my eye.  I only mention my books when something big happens, e.g. I publish a new one, or somebody has written a nice review.  Hardly ever, in fact.

So what I'm saying is that the day to day stuff that is important to me is only slightly connected to promotion.  And strangely enough I've sold some books this way. (That being said, my books hardly sell at all, so maybe I'm not the best person to get advice from!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My first fiction novel is done and being edited at this very moment, and I'm happy to have already decided my marketing "strategy" to be much like Masha suggested. Simply connecting with like-minded people (or anyone) via my personal FaceBook Page and my FaceBook Author Page.

Updates when big things happen are very important, but I have heard intense (and daily) promotion can turn people away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts