Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this posted here. Find out what book you are by answer a few simple questions: Book Quiz

I'm The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing
I actually think this is a great book. No Kindle edition, unfortunately.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
bluepyramid.org said:
You're Siddhartha!
by Hermann Hesse
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.
Ferries? Like the things that take you across the water? I see them on the news sinking now and again, so I assume they are real.....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hmmph!

You're Lolita!
by Vladimir Nabokov
Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way, though you admit that this probably isn't the best and you're not sure what causes this desire. Nonetheless, you've done some pretty nefarious things in your life, and probably gotten caught for them. The names have been changed, but the problems are real. Please stay away from children.
Yep the quiz though I was a perv *sigh*

·
Registered
261 Posts
You're Loosely Based
by Storey Clayton
"While most people haven't heard of you, you're a really good and
interesting person. Rather clever and witty, you crack a lot of jokes about the world
around you. You do have a serious side, however, where your interest covers the homeless
and the inequalities of society. You're good at bringing people together, but they keep
asking you what your name means."
this is creepy...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh, my. This is really eerie...

I'm The Catcher in the Rye (not available on Kindle, argh!)
by J.D. Salinger
Quote:
You are surrounded by phonies, and boy are you sick of them! In an ongoing struggle to search for a land without phonies, you end up running away from everything, from school to consequences. In this process, you reveal that many people in your life have suffered torments and all you really want to do is catch them as they fall. Perhaps using a baseball mitt. Your biggest fans are infamous psychotics.

-X-

·
Registered
788 Posts
chobitz said:
Hmmph!

Yep the quiz though I was a perv *sigh*
It's okay Chobitz. I was too.

I think it's because of the "who forbids your love" question. Since I can't marry in either state I've lived in, I said society. So apparently that makes me a pervert.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
You're The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
by C.S. Lewis
You were just looking for some decent clothes when everything changed quite dramatically. For the better or for the worse, it is still hard to tell. Now it seems like winter will never end and you feel cursed. Soon there will be an epic struggle between two forces in your life and you are very concerned about a betrayal that could turn the balance. If this makes it sound like you're re-enacting Christian theological events, that may or may not be coincidence. When in doubt, put your trust in zoo animals.

I do love zoo animals. ;D

·
Registered
136 Posts
You're Prufrock and Other Observations!
by T.S. Eliot
Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.
Yep, yep, yep.
Michelangelo? ROFL. My first degree was in Art History, actually. ;D

·
Registered
70 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
Ferries? Like the things that take you across the water? I see them on the news sinking now and again, so I assume they are real.....
At least I am not the only one seeing Ferries :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
You're To Kill a Mockingbird!
by Harper Lee
Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you, but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.

This was an interesting quiz. Not sure who the weird guy is though. My hubby is fairly normal ::)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I am "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver

I have read this book several years ago and I don't remember many details, but I do remember enjoying it immensly when I didn't think that I would.....  ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
You're Loosely Based!
by Storey Clayton
While most people haven't heard of you, you're a really good and interesting person. Rather clever and witty, you crack a lot of jokes about the world around you. You do have a serious side, however, where your interest covers the homeless and the inequalities of society. You're good at bringing people together, but they keep asking you what your name means.

Not on Kindle, Amazon reviews VERY suspect!  Where do they get these books from?
(But I do like my description ;D)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts