Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought Plague of Doves, by Louise Erdrich and Shakespeare's Wife, by Germaine Greer

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Last night when I was browsing through the bargain books thread I bought The Fiery Cross (the 5th book in the Outlander series). 

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
The Last Colony by John Scalzi
Manhood of Humanity by Alfred Korzybski
Manual on Zen Buddhism by D.T. Suzuki
Death of a Dreamer by M.C. Beaton

Public domain books I've gotten in the last week or so:

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Moby Dick by Herman Melville

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I'm glad you started this thread.  I forgot that I had a gift card and a list of books I wanted.  I just spent $44.73 of my first $50 gift card.  These are all dtb replacements and now I can clear part of a shelf. 

Wild Orchids; Jude Deveraux
Key Trilogy; Nora Roberts
Three Sisters Island Trilogy; Nora Roberts

Ooops, just thought of the other one I wanted, but it might go over my gift card.  I guess I'll just have to wait until the next card comes in. 

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just purchased the second part of Heir to the Shadows series since it was only $3.39. I will probably end up getting the first part once I finish what I am currently reading. Love it when I get a good price on a book :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I started keeping a list, just to keep track. These are all the books I have bought and completed since getting my Kindle almost 2 months ago.
Having been only reading one or two books a month prior to my K. It is a huge leap...only two I think, did I pay 9.99 for, everything else was cheaper, the cheapest being Lady Audley's Secret which was 1.49. Several l I found through this board.

Kindle Booklist:
01 The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
02 Moral Disorder
03 Lady Audley's Secret
04 What the Dead Know
05 We are All Welcome Here
06 Heart Shaped Box
07 The Art of Racing in the Rain (9.99)
08 Every Secret Thing
09 Bound (9.99)
10 Forbidden Fruit*

*Currently reading

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I just purchased In HER Name!.  In chat the other evening I referred to this book as In HIS Name and folks asked me if it was a religious book.  That is when I realized my error. ;D

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I bought this one, too, but haven't gotten around to it. How did you like it?
I liked it quite a bit, considering how long ago it was written, I thought it held up very well and the story has some nice twist.

I later rented a BBC version of it that was just terrible, it was probably one of the worst adaptions I have ever seen!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Scarpetta was my first Kindle purchase.
Today I am half way through Blood Sins - which is kind of creeping me out, but good.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I just bought T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton because it is a bargain at $2.58 and I was afraid the price might go up.

My friend who shares my Kindle bought The Black Tower and The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Bayard. I bought Mr. Timothy (same author) to round out the collection. She has already read all three; I am halfway through The Black Tower.

Because I wanted a page turner, I bought High Risk by Rick Reed, which is why I am only halfway through The Black Tower.

L

G

·
I haven't purchased any books for my Kindle.  It has no eyes with which to read them nor hands with which to hold them nor mind with which to appreciate them.

:(

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I haven't purchased any books for my Kindle. It has no eyes with which to read them nor hands with which to hold them nor mind with which to appreciate them.

:(
Whoa!! You got a defective one. Call customer support immediately.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first purchase was Marley & Me (while on the road to Oklahoma City on Christmas Day!!!).
Then:  The Husband, The Good Guy, Odd Thomas, A Thousand Spendid Suns (is that right?), and 2 Jodi Picoult novels (can't remember which ones - "sometimers" has set in at the moment).

Can't wait to start downloading some classics!!

Dawn - Z06 Nav
Lone Star Open Road Racer

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.