Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon Kindle books are almost up to 199,000 titles today (Friday 11/14).  Do you think they will reach 200,000 by Kindles first birthday early next week?  I do.

Susan

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Considering that they were at 193,000 just a couple oof days ago it wouldn't surprise me if they reached 200K by Sunday.

I just wish they'd consider MY preferences when adding titles!!  ::)

Wherefore art thou Mr. Clancey?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:
Hahaha, a few books must not have passed muster because I am getting 198,757 at 1:49 PM.
I just discovered that too! What's up with that?

Betsy

·
Registered
509 Posts
I imagine that the title count displayed on the Kindle Store page header isnot much more than an approximate sum of all titles.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Teninx said:
I imagine that the title count displayed on the Kindle Store page header isnot much more than an approximate sum of all titles.
Having done some research, I think my original number including everything in the Kindle Store, including blogs.

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I just got a count of 198,793.  The numbers are creeping up slowly.  Time to check on the titles I have requested ... but without much hope.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are creeping up slowly - up to 198,812 but I found out what some of the new additions are...

I sorted the list by publication date to see what kind of books are currently being added and there were 5+ pages of pre-order books - due to come out between now and April `09.  That doesn't seem fair to have those add into the count of available titles.

I still think they will make 200K early next week.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Ethan said:
Well, that is a heck of a lot more fun than watching the Dow Jones averages. At least something is going up! :D
Another postive thing about Kindle! Yay!

;D

Betsy

·
Registered
268 Posts
THEY DID IT! It's over 200,000!

Current #: 200,028

What a great 1 year anniversary of Kindle coincidence! That's so exciting.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Kimblee said:
THEY DID IT! It's over 200,000!

Current #: 200,028

What a great 1 year anniversary of Kindle coincidence! That's so exciting.
I get 198883. I think the other number might be all Kindle products...they tricked me before that way!

Betsy

·
Registered
113 Posts
199,137 this morning!  I've forgotten what I've clicked on to go back and see if they are available on the Kindle  :(

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I get 198883. I think the other number might be all Kindle products...they tricked me before that way!

Betsy
Haha. You're right. I was looking at the wrong number. :(

oops!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Jeff said:
I'm so confused. When I published my first book for the Kindle, it was ranked at 800,000. Do they weight that or something?

Jeff
I wonder if for the rankings, they are ranking all books?

Betsy

1 - 20 of 42 Posts