Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was doing everyone a favour (including Read Indies) when I posted a link to their blog.
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,209115.msg2914513.html#msg2914513

I've just got this email letter from Team Indie.

Special Report
We don't appreciate Kboarders who badmouth our reports without taking the time to actually read them. You should be aware that most of those responding to the related posts on Kboards ACTUALLY run promotion services or are associates of those who do, and they're not hanging out at Kboards to become your best buds -- they're there to SELL and EARN money from authors. ArchAngelEST, as an example, runs a promotion service and YES, we're sure he'd like you to use his service and that of his associates.

In our report on BargainReading, FussyReader, The Reading Club, we state explicitly and multiple times:

***Bargain Reading, The Reading Club and Fussy Reader are new brands for their pre-existing products and were designed specifically for indie and traditional books rather than traditional books and other traditional products.***

We also state clearly ***the true value of these services comes from the pre-existing products and their pre-existing marketing networks.***

To be clear also, our methodology ensures we track only the actual boost from a promotion, rather than all sales in a specified period, and it's why our numbers reflect actual results rather than some inflated notion of sales.

Also, how many times do we have to say BookBub and ENT are great and two of the best. We've said it over and over. However, if you have a listing in these services and count all sales and not just the boost from the promotion, you're not getting an accurate picture of the results.

Thank you,

Team ReadIndies

I can't remember posting anything else about Read Indies, and I do belong to their website, so I'm mystified :(

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Well, aren't they the polite and friendly customer service gurus.

Sorry, Jan, I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to you when I'm just here to SELL and EARN money. :p

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wow they certainly have a horrible case of the mega butt-hurtzzz.  :eek:

I'm sure they'll find a lot of success conducting their affairs with that kind of rotten, stinky attitude.  ;D

·
Registered
756 Posts
Jan Hurst-Nicholson said:
I just posted a link. I can't see where I'm supposed to have bad-mouthed them :'(
They're upset at you for inviting the opportunity by posting the link for others to possibly bad-mouth them. In other words, they're probably gripped by extreme paranoia... just imagine how much drool leaks all over their keyboard as they type. :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
they're not hanging out at Kboards to become your best buds -- they're there to SELL and EARN money from authors. ArchAngelEST, as an example, runs a promotion service and YES, we're sure he'd like you to use his service and that of his associates.
I love how they name someone and claim the person is only here for business. Not very professional.

Also, how many times do we have to say BookBub and ENT are great and two of the best. We've said it over and over.
Yes, because nothing is more convincing than tooting your own horn. For someone professing not to want to be your best bud, they are very good at that insulted, drunken ex-best friend typing b*tchy comments on Facebook at 3 AM-style.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
mods discussing . . . . . .

~~~
Update: we are leaving this thread locked due to member concerns / controversies about the site in question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.