Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reasons I have forgotten I ordered a replacement battery for my Kindle (1, natch) last fall. I know there were all sorts of reports (rumors?) about batteries holding less of a charge or failing completely and nobody being able to get a replacement. (The news reports of the Kindle Battery Riots may in fact have been pictures of Halloween in Georgetown).

Apparently the Battery Factory is doing just fine and they had the gall to send me a battery. I vaguely recall various posts about the care and feeding of ion? lithium? Valium? batteries and would like some salient advice (always assuming I don't just lose the thing...it's little!) as to what I should do with it now that it's in my possession.

Feel free to toss in random pithy observations along with any helpful (or not) suggestions!  ;D ;D ??? ???

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...What did I do to annoy everybody? Not one answer? Seriously, what gives? ???

beachgrl said:
Sell it to me!
and what would you do with an extra battery to ensure its continued usefulness?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have always heard that they last longer stored in a cool dark place. You should charge the battery completely before storing.  :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts