Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, sorry these are so big, still learning here but here are a few of my clan.. This is Bijoux and Lily.. I love her chewing on his ear but it looks like she is up to something.. trust me .. she is.. LOL

.. Bijoux is disabled, which is why he sits the way he does..

The rest are Bijoux in the wheel chair, Bijoux smiling, Lily when I first got her and my husband and I on vacation with the fur kids (bijoux is in front of me and LOVES that wheel chair,trust me he has NO idea he is disabled, and can still beat Lily at fetch out of the chair, at home he hops like a rabbit and as you can see he is crazy happy) , you should see him zoom down the beach.. and of course in the car driving around town totally secure and NOT a projectile which is good and we get lots of stares when its "mommy" and the fur babies in the back.. LOL.. and my favorite.. Bijoux with mommy :)...

We also have three cats.. don't even get me started with that group.. LOL

again sorry they are so large I will figure out how to fix that.. and thanks for all your help

(Note to Leslie and the other mods.. I promise when Oberon posts Monday this thread will go back to its regularly scheduled broadcast.. LOL)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
For those who are comfortable sharing pictures of themselves (not everyone is, I understand!), here's a thread to do so. What do we look like, anyway?

Here I am. Where am I? At the American Military Cemetery in Lorraine, France. My husband's uncle was killed on September 21, 1944 in the "second round of D-Day." I was (and am) the only person in the family to ever visit his grave. It was a very moving experience. The picture was taken on March 21, 2007.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Patrizia, they are darling.  What a nice family!  I have two cats, and my beloved little long-haired Chihuahua.

Leslie, great pic, and how wonderful you got there.  I'm devoted to my genealogy hobby, so I spend a lot of time in cemeteries.  I starting going for the info (birth/death dates of ancestors), but I've actually come to love them, they are usually so beautiful and peaceful.  And so moving.  Just reading the inscriptions in the "baby" section of my local cemetery brings me to tears every time.

John, we are all a bit older!  Nice pic, though.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Love the pics. My avatar is of me and my 2 youngest grandchildren: Jackson and Kate. I will post pictures later. I have a Lhasa Apso named Harley Davidson (figured it would be the only way I would ever have one) and will share pics of him too.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
How do I . . . .  I want to post a photo of me.  It's in PhotoBucket.  I'm trying to resize it there.  Photo as I have it is too big.  (I don't want to scare viewers here.)  So I resize it on Photobucket and hit "apply" there.  But when I put it here, it keeps poppin' up BIG.  What am I doing or not doing?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sandpiper said:
How do I . . . . I want to post a photo of me. It's in PhotoBucket. I'm trying to resize it there. Photo as I have it is too big. (I don't want to scare viewers here.) So I resize it on Photobucket and hit "apply" there. But when I put it here, it keeps poppin' up BIG. What am I doing or not doing?
When you paste the code from photobucket at the beginning of the line, you'll see [IMG ]. Just go in there and add width= and a number. You might have to experiment to get the right size. Try [IMG width=300 ] or [IMG width=500 ] and see what happens. Delete the space next to the number. I had to include that here so that the brackets would show up in this message.

L

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Sorry, Leslie.  Just where do I put it in?  I've tried a few times with no success.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Sorry, Leslie. Just where do I put it in? I've tried a few times with no success.
This is the code for inserting a picture from my album: (note, I have removed the [/IMG ] code at the end so you can see this.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h243/lnicoll/Maine/bottomofkindlecopy.jpg

This is where you would insert the width command:

[IMG[color=red][b] width=300[/b][/color]]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h243/lnicoll/Maine/bottomofkindlecopy.jpg

You may want to experiment with the number to figure out the right size.

In Photobucket, the line of code you want to copy and paste is the last one, IMG Code.

L

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
This is a very recent photo. (Have I said -- I HATE having my picture taken?) I've since had my hair cut good bit shorter. Short hair = me. The picture was taken at a local restaurant during a message board mini lunch meet. A message board I've belonged to for a few years has "meets" set up by members. Its www.tvclubhouse.com .

Thanks, Leslie. :)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
That's great! It works!

Using that method, the forum resizes the picture to display it at the width that you specify.

Another way - and generally the preferred way - to do this would be to resize it in Photobucket - as it will then load faster in this forum.

To do that:
- Upload the picture to Photobucket
- From the menu bar, select "Edit Images", then "Resize"
- Click on a photo to resize
- Change the width of the picture. (Hint: a good width for viewing in the forums is 800 pixels.)
- Click on "Apply" to apply the change
- Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the 'Save a Copy' button or the 'Replace Original' button.

At that point, the changed picture will appear in your album, and you can use the "IMG" code to copy/paste into your posts here.

- Harvey

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh Chyna I am SO jealous!!!  I graduated high school in 1984, so I was definitely an Air Supply gal!!! 

Which reminds me - I am going to have to load some Air Supply on my iPod.  Always makes me feel young again!!

Where'd you meet them?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
colleen said:
Oh Chyna I am SO jealous!!! I graduated high school in 1984, so I was definitely an Air Supply gal!!!

Which reminds me - I am going to have to load some Air Supply on my iPod. Always makes me feel young again!!

Where'd you meet them?
Woo hoo...someone who didn't poke fun at me ;-p I've met them quite a few times and have seen them just under 100 times in the last 5 years. That picture was taken in Las Vegas in 2006. While their old stuff is classic...they have some really good new songs :))

·
Registered
829 Posts

I hate my pic taken - I prefer to be behind the camera, not in front of it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is me... It was taken a few years ago near Pebble Beach. If anyone hasn't done it yet, I highly recommend driving up Hwy 1 in CA. We flew into LA, and drove all the way up to Napa (of course making stops along the way in wonderful places such as San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Solvang, Carmel, Monterrey, San Fran, etc.). Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Also one of me and my BEAUTIFUL daughter taken last year when I went down for a football game:

1 - 20 of 322 Posts