Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't Kindle-specific, but what do you like to listen to while you read? I get distracted easily and if I can't have total silence I like to listen to Darwin Chamber's 3D nature recordings. I was listening to his Thunderstorm Environment the other night and it really added to the desert battle I was reading in Attanasio's Radix.

He also has whale recordings, night-time forest and ocean surf.

·
Registered
42 Posts
BB King's Bluesville, I listen to it any time I'm not listening to an audiobook or watching TV. If I'm doing stuff around the house, I keep it pretty loud, but when I read, it keep it low so it is more mood/background. Best Station Ever IMO. Jeni

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have a cracking fireplace....

But it is on Blu-ray! (HA-HA!)

Still nice background and sometimes with some soft jazz.

In bed I listen to some very soft classical, it is on a timer so I just go to sleep when ready and it shuts off

EL

·
Registered
601 Posts
I listen to Christian rock...

·
Registered
224 Posts
during the day i listen to my zune on random with my qc2's mostly rock an techno its odd that it don't distract me. at night i read in silence.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nope, I can't. Too distracting.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I sometimes listen to some of my more mellow music...Sting or Sarah.  I do need background noise while reading though...Mom133d and I used to read in a busy bar almost every night.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Although I do love music, I usually don't listen to any music while reading.  When I have the option for silence......I love the natural sound of busy springtime birds.  At night, I enjoy the complete calm of everyone sleeping soundly while I'm up reading....aaah! 

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Jack Johnson. I have three of his albums on my kindle:
He music is to laid back and reminds of the islands. You may recognize him as the guy that did "Upside Down" for the Curious George Movie a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I love Jack Johnson!  He's one of my favorites.  But I don't listen to his music when I read. ;)  I also love love love Jason Mraz.  Any other Mraz fans here??

I love music -- that could be a whole thread of it's own.  I just don't mix it with reading. lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
kari said:
I love Jack Johnson! He's one of my favorites. But I don't listen to his music when I read. ;) I also love love love Jason Mraz. Any other Mraz fans here??

I love music -- that could be a whole thread of it's own. I just don't mix it with reading. lol
I have some Mraz on my iTunes :) I saw him live once when he opened for Alanis during her Jagged Little Pill Acoustic Tour, and his voice is incredible. The recordings don't do it justice.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Britt said:
I have some Mraz on my iTunes :) I saw him live once when he opened for Alanis during her Jagged Little Pill Acoustic Tour, and his voice is incredible. The recordings don't do it justice.
He's much better live! His live CDs are my favorite for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts