Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you make of K2's "experimental" features?  Do you think these features might be updated through downloads if they are enhanced?  What do you think the experimental section is for?  I'm not familiar with devices having "experimental" features.  Thanks.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The first generation of Kindle had "experimental" features as well. These included the Basic Web Browser, the MP3 Player, and Kindle NowNow (which has been discontinued). Basically the "experimental" features are things that are not exactly what the device was designed for (reading books) and may or may not be removed in the future. You're testing them out for Amazon.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mikuto said:
The first generation of Kindle had "experimental" features as well. These included the Basic Web Browser, the MP3 Player, and Kindle NowNow (which has been discontinued). Basically the "experimental" features are things that are not exactly what the device was designed for (reading books) and may or may not be removed in the future. You're testing them out for Amazon.
Mikuto -- Makes perfect sense. I didn't know the K1 had it, too. I did hear about Kindle NowNow being discontinued. Thanks for explaining it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts