Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a couple Gelaskins coming and 2 Oberon covers -- okay, and a M-edge, too. Is it Gelaskin OR stickers/decals? Screen savers? What does a Kindle need to be fashionable and well coutured? The Devil Wears Prada, but My Kindle Wears...

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Boy did you open yourself up! You will receive all the advice you can handle on this one. Tego and  Decalgirl skins, covers, purseslights, the list goes on and on.Check out the Accessories area for starters.

·
Registered
790 Posts
intinst said:
Boy did you open yourself up! You will receive all the advice you can handle on this one. Tego and Decalgirl skins, covers, purseslights, the list goes on and on.Check out the Accessories area for starters.
Purselights?? Something I don't have?? What is it? Do I need it? LOL!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Roof of Heaven and Forest -- a purple and a green. Not sure it will be easy finding accessories that work with both. I need stuff I can change from undies to top coat to scarf and gloves on a regular basis.

·
Registered
921 Posts
MichelleR said:
I have Roof of Heaven and Forest -- a purple and a green. Not sure it will be easy finding accessories that work with both. I need stuff I can change from undies to top coat to scarf and gloves on a regular basis.
You'll find plenty to go with that green and purple. Believe me, it won't be hard.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking I would go bold and get something red. Red and green would be, well, Christmas, but also the embodiment of this video:

...which makes me smile.

And red and purple is just bold and bright and fearless.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I still don't know if I want a skin for my Kindle. I kind of think the Oberon is enough. I don't like things to be too busy...I'm never one to over-decorate. Some of the skins ARE cool though.  ???

Does anyone just have the naked Kindle and Oberon or do most use both Oberon and a skin?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My husband's Kindle is naked in his Oberon cover.... I have a skin on mine. His looks so stark now when I look at it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My kindle is 100% nude.  :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think you should add some glitter, and maybe some streams. So it can be festive. And maybe get it a teddy bear costume for Halloween :p

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
My son and daughter had naked Kindles til I gave them skins for Christmas and my son got my hand-me-down M-edge cover. I thought they were fine until I dressed them up. Now I think they look so much better.

I'll probably be going nuts until they make a skin for the K2...sigh...

L

·
Registered
790 Posts
I used to feel like I really wanted the clean smooth look of the Kindle with nothing on it.  It seemed classier that way. 

Then I got my first skin. 

Now when I take a skin off to switch to another one, the poor thing just looks naked.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, it's going to be like that, is it?!  ;) :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
My Kindle even sleeps in the nude. LOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmm. From what others have posted, I guess I will end up liking the skin then.  ;D Will wait to see what DecalGirl comes out with.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hmmm....well now I have to update my opinion a little bit.  I'm waiting on a new skin and Oberon, and decided to go ahead and remove the one I had on.  Wow, I really am liking how it looks with no skin now!  It looks so clean.  I suppose it could just be because I didn't really like the skin I had on it, but I'm really thinking about not putting one back on after I get my cover.  :eek:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
My Klassic Kindle is in a Oberon butterfly. I tried skin on it and did NOT like it. It removed very nicely leaving no residue. it was a nice try. the Oberon cover is perfect in protection and looks for me.
Sylvia

1 - 20 of 34 Posts