Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean the technical stuff.

I don't mean the huge quantities of moderator time, patience and TLC.

I mean actual dollar cost  --  who pays for this?  Do the ads pay the expenses?  Or does KB hope for donations from members? 

Been a member for just over a month, and feeling "at home" here, and wondering whether etiquette calls for a donation.

And since I've asked silly questions a few times already, only to have someone say every time "gee we were wondering the same thing but never wanted to ask", I figured I could ask on behalf of anyone else who may have been wondering the same thing. 

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I believe the baseline was it was coming out of Harvey's pocket. (Thank you, Harvey.) The affiliate fees were covering the costs for awhile, I think, until Amazon stopped the ebook percentage AND Harvey moved it to a private server.

There is a link on the bottom of each page for donations, should someone be so inclined.  Also, KBoards still gets a tiny percentage from affiliate purchases of other stuff from Amazon.  It all helps keep the KBoards running!

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy the Quilter said:
There is a link on the bottom of each page for donations, should someone be so inclined.
Really?? Oh.... all the way down THERE! Never noticed it before. Thanks for explaining. :)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Thanks Betsy, and Susan.

I want to note, though... please do not feel any obligation, in any way, to use the donate button. I put it down there after several requests from members interested in donating to help keep the site running, and I do appreciate those contributions very much. But I don't want anyone to feel any obligation whatsoever. This site is a free resource to anyone!

Best way you can support the boards... is to keep coming back! And to participate. And, when something on the board inspires you to purchase something from Amazon, to use our affiliate links. That's a no-pain way of helping to keep the board running.

Thank you!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Harvey is one of the good guys. :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Kindleboards Runs On:

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I know Harvey said feel no obligation.
And I know HE means it.
As one of those who asked about such a button, I would like to say,

Feel free to go and whack it for even a few bucks.
Every little bit can help.

Just openin my big mouth, as usual......

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chad Winters (#102) said:
I thought it ran on hot air!! ;)
No, only some of the self-promotion threads.... ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I kick in some around the first of every month, just want to be sure that this great place stays here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts