Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my Kindle in May, I've been trying to purchase "Friday Night Lights."  It's listed as a Kindle book, but says "not yet available."  Has anyone actually seen one of these books become available?  How long does it usually take?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I can't say exactly what it means.  It alludes to the fact that it will be available at some undetermined time.  We have had some books folks were waiting on that have become kindlized.  I wish I could tell you that it happens frequently, but I can't.  I think a lot of depends on so many different factors.  Authors, publishers, etc. 
Hopefully down the road the time will be more definite.
debbie

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I would assume it means that the publisher has notified Amazon that the book is going to be released in ebook form. How soon this happens is up to the publisher. I have had several books that started out as "not yet available", but were made available in several weeks.

Steve

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I agree with Steve.  In addition, I suspect that publishers may feel that they can be a little lax about the electronic version of books, so they don't give an exact release date as they generally do for DTBs.  Or they do but amazon doesn't trust them.

I

·
0 Posts
Here it is. You can keep checking to see when it's finally available.

·
Registered
31 Posts
bernilynn said:
Ever since I got my Kindle in May, I've been trying to purchase "Friday Night Lights." It's listed as a Kindle book, but says "not yet available." Has anyone actually seen one of these books become available? How long does it usually take?
Yes, I have seen at least one become available. It went from "not yet released" to "unavailable" then to an item available for sale, price and all.

However, in this case, maybe the book is currently "out of print." In that case, maybe a new print run would have to be authorized in order for it to be offered in digital form.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Speaking for indie authors and publishers, when we make a change or upload edited content, Amazon takes the book off line until they approve the change. As to the time it takes, I can offer nothing. It once took them almost three weeks to approve a minor change but they recently processed a new edition of Gone For a Soldier in less than an hour.

I personally have never had Amazon pull any of my books due to formatting issues, but I know that they do it occasionally. In such cases, the time then would then depend upon the publisher fixing the errors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts