1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

list:
-hedwig in a tokyo sweater
-Stitch doll
-homemade statue of boogeyman (nightmare before christmas)
-gum
-monkey speakers
-organic lollipops
-bag of trail mix
-jade statue of a turtle from Japan
-moleskin journals
my desk is a bit messy. I do have some childish toys on it....my pokemon models were not in picture. I am a student (lit, biology book, stange pilgrims, voltaire, maus, jane austen [hardcover required for class. so sad]). no need for dictionary since i have my kindle. I use lollipops and gum to increase focus while i study. i am particular about my notebooks, off screen in the desk are more moleskin notebooks. Stitch also sits on the only section with organization...three drawers (markers/highlighter, pencils/lead/eraser, pens/ink/whiteout)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I love the picture! I am too ashamed of mine to let anyone see a photo.
It's a funny thing, because in my day job as a database manager in an art gallery, I make order out of chaos, and yet personally I spread chaos wherever I go. I write on a netbook on a very small table at home, to make sure there isn't room for stuff all round me, but there's a shelf next to me with some or all of the following on it: a box of paper-clips and a large basket of pens and pencils, hole-punches, rulers etc; an address book; a letter from my pension company with a pension forecast; a set of children's paintbrushes I bought to use for decorating stage props; some cardboard bought to make fake books for stage props; a postcard from my sponsor dog; assorted other letters; magazines and brochures which have worked their way under everything so I can't tell what they are any more; a library book; a great mystery book my son gave me called 'The Somme Stations' by Andrew Martin; a packet of photographs of my trip to Berlin; more stuff under the first few layers of stuff!
This has shamed me into going to do some tidying up... I may be some time.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Probably that I am a messy person, lazy and a slob.  LOL.  My workspace is always way too cluttered.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Oooh! This reminds me of the book I just finished (on my Kindle, of course): Snoop: What Your Stuff Says About You, by Sam Gosling. Fascinating stuff.

My desk and shelves would likely say that while can appreciate organization, I don't always live up to the ideal. I have piles of papers (but I know what's in them). I have lots of books on a variety of topics, so that would say I'm curious. And, of course, lots of writing stuff (a writing quote, a bulletin board with word count goals, an award). And I'm a mom--there's a poem one of my kids wrote for me, pics of the kids, and such.

Oh, and I'm stressed, as evidenced by the Yoga DVD that's gathering dust.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It says:
1) "Ursula has cats." (My office has become a kitty playroom and we keep the stick and toss toys on 1/2 of my desk. It is bare, save for that and the lamp. (see #2) )

It also says:
2) "Ursula's husband has a strange sense of humor, and she likes Monty Python." (My husband bought me the desk lamp desk lamp from Babies-r-Us - some bunny line or another. It is a rough wood cut of a green painted bunny with no distinguishing features other than it's shape, with big wooden wheels. I don't think I need to go any further with the description, do I?)

Hmm, a romance author who's sub genres are urban fantasy/paranormal, has multiple cats, and likes Monty Python. I don't really exist, do I? I'm just a cliche, I think. ;D

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
My desk does not communicate

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My desk tries to be polite while dropping strong hints that I should dust more often.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
There's a small stain on the side of my computer hutch that I think looks like Jesus, and my son thinks looks like Val Kilmer from The Doors.

You be the judge:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts