Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having joined the Kindle Boards in less than a week, I have yet not understood what a Kindle Enabler is. I think I have a hunch, but rather than me trying to explain what I think one is, how about you guys tell me? :D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Enablers are people who like an accessory so much that their enthusiasm sells other people on that accessory.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
People who make you buy things, especially accessories, for your Kindle.  They got me, too, and I never understood why I wanted a skin or anything other than the $30 amazon cover.  Now I see a naked Kindle and it just doesn't seem right and I love my Oberon cover ><

That being said... you should really look into getting an Oberon cover and a nice decalgirls skin!  You can check out a lot of pictures in the accessories thread of what different people have gotten.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Scheherazade said:
People who make you buy things, especially accessories, for your Kindle.
Well, technically I don't think anyone here pulled your Visa out of your wallet & sent the order in on your behalf....... :D

And we enable everything, not just Kindles. That's how Leslie ended up with a new KitchenAid stand mixer, and I see people buying multiple tea makers on the tea thread!

But yes, the definition is roughly correct. We're the nuts who can tell you just about anything you need to know about almost every Kindle accessory out there. If it's for sale for the Kindle, someone on this board has likely tried it. Most of us are passionate about skins & covers, but heck, I love my Mighty Bright light & Peeramid Pillow almost as much. LOL

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oberon has really nice covers, but they just aren't "me." I'm waiting for my DX, and probably will be getting quite a few Decal Girl skins. I'm really excited. :D I'm debating on whether or not I want to get an M-Edge cover. Does anyone know if the hinges are metal?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, boy. I'm not sure I want to get roped in... I already have three rice cookers. :p

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Annie said:
Oberon has really nice covers, but they just aren't "me." I'm waiting for my DX, and probably will be getting quite a few Decal Girl skins. I'm really excited. :D I'm debating on whether or not I want to get an M-Edge cover. Does anyone know if the hinges are metal?
The M-Edge DX covers listed at this time don't have the hinges (so far as I can find on Amazon, anyway). The Amazon cover does, and since the ones for the K2 are metal, I can't imagine they wouldn't do the same for the much bigger, much heavier DX.

I'd imagine that if/when M-Edge brings out a Prodigy or Go version for the DX, it will have metal hinges as well, but those don't appear to be available for preorder yet. At least in a quick look under DX accessories.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I ended up with a Wii and a couple of fitness games because of a thread here. And I love it. Never had a "gaming console" before.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Annie said:
Oh, boy. I'm not sure I want to get roped in... I already have three rice cookers. :p
It sounds like you could be a perfect enabler. You have multiples that definitely shows potential!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ah I love my Wii but I still need a good skin for it lol... I've already been looking at skins for the Kindle 1... I already have an idea of what I'm going to get for it... A nice skin, and a cover... Oh and I need one of those lights too.  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Scheherazade said:
People who make you buy things, especially accessories, for your Kindle. They got me, too, and I never understood why I wanted a skin or anything other than the $30 amazon cover. Now I see a naked Kindle and it just doesn't seem right and I love my Oberon cover ><

That being said... you should really look into getting an Oberon cover and a nice decalgirls skin! You can check out a lot of pictures in the accessories thread of what different people have gotten.
Make is such a strong word. My feelings are, we point out all the advatages of an item, therfore allowing you an enformed decision. Sometimes it takes four or five of us pointing out different things to get you to see things our way the right way, but I don't feel we make you buy anything. ;)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Scheherazade, I love that picture.

Annie and WellAdjusted, Intinst is right. We don't force anyone to buy anything. We share our passions for Oberon, M-edge, Strangedog, Vera Bradley, Borsa Bella, Levenger, KitchenAide, rice makers, food, teas, tea makers, coffee, Keurig, snacks, Wii, DecalGirl, DSi, DSlite, various games for aforementioned gaming systems, K1, K2, DX, Mighty Bright, E-luminator, music, MP3 players, Ipods, Iphones, Zune, netbook, Asus Eee, Macbook, icre cream makers, dishwashers, Dyson, GPS systems, Roku digital video player, camcorder. Basically, we love to talk about anything.
Oh yeah, and books. :)

Welcome to the Boards. We love to talk about our Ks, but we also love to talk about just about anything.
deb

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Okay, you guys have enabled me to want an Oberon cover, a K2, a DecalGirl skin, and lots and lots of books. After much counting of pennies and loose change, I finally have enough to buy the Kindle. I am placing my K2 order today or tomorrow. Next the cover and the skin and then all those wonderful books. Go enablers! You do good work. I suppose after my stuff arrives, I will be one of you.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Hey, if you just want a kindle, you're already one of us. . . . . :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Rasputina said:
Come to the rice cooker thread in the Not Quite Kindle forum, you will see a perfect example there LOL
Yes, I succumbed to that one, too! LOL

Last night I dreamed about a red Gingko Oberon cover for my Kindle DX that is arriving next week. I dreamed about it! Talk about drinking the kool-aid around this joint... ;D ;D

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
^^^Leslie, too funny.  And too true!!
deb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts