Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6190 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During dinner, some families have everyone tell about one good thing that happened to them that day.

As a giant Kindlefamily, we may not share dinner, but we can share good news!

Even the little things count.  For instance...

For the first time in five years, it's June and I don't have a wasp nest anywhere on my deck.

My daughter, who just learned to swim very late last summer, went swimming today for the first time this season and still remembers how!

And I bought the first cherries of the season and they're yummy.  :D

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
My good thing today was the beautiful weather.  It's June 1st in NYC and not hot and humid! 

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
My in-laws went home today after two weeks of visiting.  ;D

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Mmm....cherries.  I need to go shopping.

It's day 13 since it last rained, and there's no rain in the forecast for the next week.  If you've ever been through a Seattle "summer", you'll know how astounding this is--summer doesn't start here until after July 4th most years.  Guess it's time to clean up the patio furniture & it's probably safe to pick up annuals for the garden pots.  Heck, it might even be a good year for growing tomatoes!

Of course, if you've ever been through a Seattle summer, you'll also know we've hit the point where we're starting to complain about the heat.  LOL  Central air conditioning isn't all that common in this part of the world.  :D

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Forster said:
My in-laws went home today after two weeks of visiting. ;D
LOL! I know that feeling. My mom left last week after a 2 week visit....But, it's a short lived happiness because my dad will be here on Friday for 2 weeks <sigh> They're not divorced, they just don't let anyone else watch the dogs so one of them always stays home with them.

My good thing (s): I found a Robin's egg in a nest in our tree and we discovered several raspberry bushes at the park next to my house.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
And oh, I got to play with a chainsaw. ;D

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forster said:
And oh, I got to play with a chainsaw. ;D
Yikes! Looks like a lot of innocent trees met their demise... or are those just branches from one big tree?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I had friends come over and fix me dinner!  I injured my knee and have been stuck moping around the house for a few days.  This afternoon a couple of friends showed up with all the ingredients to make a wonderful lamb stew!  They cooked in my kitchen, fed us, then cleaned up the mess.  We had a few hours to chat - what a wonderful surprise.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Yikes! Looks like a lot of innocent trees met their demise... or are those just branches from one big tree?
No I had to take out 3 of the smaller pines growing right up next to our house. They were getting too overgrown and worse they all were showing signs of scale infection which was killing them and I really didn't want it spreading to my bigger pine trees.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Since I received this in my PM from another board I am on, Military, Police and Firefighters, I thought this was a very nice PM sent to me just now. I hardly even know him and he sent this. Since you don't know this man I will share it...

Well I'm off to bed. If anyone seriously offends you while I am not here for you, then you let me know. I'll take care of them one way or another.....but, it WILL get taken care of. Consider me your caretaker if you would. I have yer back....

How nice to have a man caretaking and watching my back for me, this is what friends are made of. I have met so many of the nicest guys these past 2 months, they are all so sweet. You would think these kinds of guys are really tough and unfeeling, but they have a big heart when you get to know them, and when they get to know you.

I truly thank each one for their unfailing service to our country and their community...they are all Heroes!

Sailor - I am now so Bumped!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Susan in VA said:
During dinner, some families have everyone tell about one good thing that happened to them that day.

As a giant Kindlefamily, we may not share dinner, but we can share good news!

Even the little things count. For instance...

For the first time in five years, it's June and I don't have a wasp nest anywhere on my deck.

My daughter, who just learned to swim very late last summer, went swimming today for the first time this season and still remembers how!

And I bought the first cherries of the season and they're yummy. :D
Yesterday, I came home from a long day at work and discovered that a story of mine had been published and with it came a Paypal payment. I submitted that story well over a year ago and had forgotten about it. Today, I put on my sun dress for the first time since last September. The weather's been unusually warm and sunny for us here in Canada's west coast. Both bumps make me happy.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Got a surprise check in the mail, a $450 property tax refund. While I can think of several fun things to do with it, I think it'll go into savings until we're sure it wasn't a mistake...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
My mom and I spent the day together and went to lunch. It was lovely. I'm 29 weeks pregnant so just visiting and doing lunch is so relaxing.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thumper said:
Got a surprise check in the mail, a $450 property tax refund.
Doesn't that just have "DX" written all over it? ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
edwpat said:
I woke up above ground today. What a bump that it.
That gives me a bump too, a day without Ed is a day without fun!

1 - 20 of 6190 Posts