Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to loose my books. maybe I have 12 books....or so.
the post for selling it is on the buy, sell, thread.

Selling mint condition White Kindle DX 3G

I may want an ipad 2 or upgrade my present laptop..

what happens to my books....

and if I should sell it.... how do I take all the books off the DX

thanx Coco

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
You can either remove them one by one or reset the Kindle to factory settings.  The books will stay on the Kindle unless you remove them. 

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Amazon says before a Kindle is sold, all books should be removed from it.

Whether you do that or not, you retain all the books you've purchased through your Amazon account.  They will be in your archive, ready to download to a Kindle app on your new device.

Books you've purchased from other sources than Amazon will not be in your archive.  If they are somewhere on your laptop already, you should be able to copy them to the new device.

On my K1, I can delete books by moving the selection cursor to the book in question and hitting the backspace (left pointing arrow) on the keyboard.

Betsy

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so they could be put on an Ipad2 or I could read them on my computer right...

and if I sell it..  then I have to deregister it..... 

do I have to call Kindle.....

I think first sell then ponder all of this...

coco

·
Registered
129 Posts
All your Amazon book purchases are still your books. You'll find them all on you Kindle Management page on the Amazon website. They will appear on your iPad when you download the Kindle app. The real question is "Are you sure you want to do that?"  The iPad and/or laptop are not ereaders. My suggestion is for you to keep the DX and get an iPad or laptop for other applications. I tested a tablet and found it to be very poor for reading for any good length of time. 

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you .... well considering I am not reading alot....  this might be an option.  I will see.......  but thank you for telling me where my books go...!!!!!!

coco

I hope I could sell this as it would be nice if someone else could enjoy it better than I can right now.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts