Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed that move? Looking at my royalties I missed out on about a thousand bucks. Will I keep my reviews? Is the transition even doable?

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
My understanding is the reviews go away, as you're basically uploading a new book. If you're selling enough to make it worth switching, it's something to consider. You can always ask Apple to transfer the reviews, see if they will.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It's easy to do if you don't mind dealing with Apple's interface which isn't the easiest of all of the vendors to use.

You lose the reviews. I have heard of one author who said they didn't, but when I emailed and tried to get them transferred they said no.

You also may lose momentum because you're starting over from scratch.

And at least D2D is now offering promo opportunities there. If you don't have the super-secret Apple contact info it's much hard to get promo opportunities going direct.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CassieL said:
It's easy to do if you don't mind dealing with Apple's interface which isn't the easiest of all of the vendors to use.

You lose the reviews. I have heard of one author who said they didn't, but when I emailed and tried to get them transferred they said no.

You also may lose momentum because you're starting over from scratch.

And at least D2D is now offering promo opportunities there. If you don't have the super-secret Apple contact info it's much hard to get promo opportunities going direct.
Thanks for that info. Reading this, it might not be in my best interest to start from scratch.

Way back in the day (late 2014 I believe) D2D reached out to me for a free first in series promo that gave me a TON of downloads. Maybe I could get the same thing by reaching out to them every so often.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I changed over a couple of years ago. Pretty sure I lost my reviews, but I made a lot more money on Apple once I transitioned over. I think part of it was due to having a bunch of "new" books show up all at once. Part of it was being able to choose Apple-specific categories. Regardless, I made back the $200 I'd spent on a used Mac very quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts