Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of selling a few books to someone else who would pay me a decent sum for them. I contacted Amazon about how to do this, and they said I had to unpublish the books, then the new person would republish them under their account info.

My question is, have any of you done this unpublish/republish thing? If so, did you lose your reviews and all that? I'd hate to see that all go down the tubes. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't think the reviews are going to transfer to the other person. Is that person going to publish the book with the same title, same cover, with your name on it? If yes, I think what will happen is you'll end up with two listings for the same book. The old one (book no longer available) will have all the reviews. The new one will start from zero.

At least, that sounds like it makes the most sense.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Never done it. But it may be possible that if the book is in draft on one account and then active on another the reviews may carry over. I recommend you contact an Amazon staff member to link the products.

I would think that reviews are a separate hierarchy of record entry in the Amazon database, since products that have multiple formats have a review stretched across all of them. Not just the format reviewed.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I don't think the reviews would carry over. You might be able to leave both up for a bit and have Amazon link the two titles. Possibly a call to author central could provide some inside--best of luck!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You can ask Amazon to transfer the reviews. My book Risen has reviews from when I first self-published it, when it was published by Pinnacle Books, and again when I published as an ebook. I just gave Amazon the numbers and asked them to merge the reviews.

Ranking is another matter!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm a bit confused.  Why would a person want to buy your books, other than that they think they can make more off of them than they will have to pay you?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Amazon might be able to link the reviews since it'll be a similar/like product but I believe the other person would have to contact them with the ASIN info. It's the same thing as linking your ebook and print editions together.

BUT, does anyone know if you unpublish does it stay on Amazon and just becomes "unavailable" or does it disappear entirely as if it never existed in the first place? I'm pretty sure it's the latter which could pose some problems for the whole linking thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts