Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say you stumbled across a book marketing service/trick that was very cost effective. Something along the lines of ENT or such, but you didn't see very many writers using it.

Would you:

a. Post about it and watch the hordes overwhelm and eventually make it ineffective?
b. Keep it too yourself?
c. Write a how-to book on e-publishing and sell your knowledge?
d. Offer to selectively share the secret for sexual favors?
e. None of the above?

I can neither confirm nor deny I've discovered such a thing. I'm just curious what you good folks would do.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd probably go with b. and test it a bit more first. If it works then I'd ramp up my sales to multi-millions then share it about with a John Locke style book. Before that though I'd start by PMing the secret to the author of this response for some external testing  ;D

·
Registered
851 Posts
You're killing me Joe.  What do you know?

They say that most criminals get caught because they can't resist the temptation to brag to someone about what they got away with.  The temptation to brag about how smart you are versus the profit motive is a close match.  I think I'd give in to the temptation to brag.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Definitely B, and then after I'm rich, A.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
E.  I would share it privately with a few other writers who have been kind enough to help me on here when I've needed it, and the few I have become close with. I would want them to see the same success. (No sexual favors. Although the sex might be fun, I doubt they would be interested...and I am faithful to my husband because he is really my soulmate.  Sickeningly sweet statement to some, I suppose, but true.)

I know it seems selfiish not to share it with everyone, but once everyone uses it, the effectiveness wears off. Once me and those I shared it with have become successful and can live off our royalties, then I would probably post it.

Now I just have to discover that secret...and you all better be nice to me if you want in on it!  :-*

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I would find someone with the kindleboard name of "Steve W." and I would share it with him, and him alone. I would do that now. I would also give him all my money... so... yeah... I'll just be over here... yano, if you need me.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
But I'm already rich (at least by my standards)...LOL
Well, you asked how "i" would handle it and I'm not making a living wage off of my books yet. If I was already doing that, I would choose my first response first, telling them that I was going to make it "public" here on the board in, say, 90 days. That gives those who were helpful and those who have offered friendship time to use it before everyone does and it becomes ineffective. After 90 days I would post it and let as many use it as possible until it no longer worked.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
D.  All the way.  Well, except for the sex part unless . . .

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
TexasGirl said:
D. Definitely D.

But that's how I handle everythign in life. :p
I like the cut of your jib, madame.

All joking aside, that is a really tough question, Joe. I've gained tons of knowledge from Kindleboards and would want to share. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to kill the goose. I would probably share it with a few people that could use the help but not make a general post about it.

so, I guess my answer would be E.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Methinks Joe Nobody is hinting that he himself is employing the D-method. Which is okay, since many of us aspire to break into the smut-writing business, so this could be filed under research.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quiss said:
Methinks Joe Nobody is hinting that he himself is employing the D-method. Which is okay, since many of us aspire to break into the smut-writing business, so this could be filed under research.
:-X Nope...not me. Mrs. Nobody is a mean woman and a fine shot with a pistol. She was taught by the best, but not the smartest guy around.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Write a book and sell the secret? Oh no, I'm thinking more along the lines of $500 per person.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts